8.0

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Dodge Ram 1500:

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Mar 012012

Ram 1500 SLT 5.2L V8

When I drive my 96 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 pickup on highway at miles between 60 and 70 it starts shaking and I am not able to control the steering wheel, I sometimes have to stop or speed up to over 75 miles for it to decrease. Also when i cross a small bump in the road it does the same thing. One mechanic told me the stabilizer bar needed to be replaced $400.00 did not fix the problem. I have taken to three different mechanics and they are not able to find the exact problem, can anyone out there tell me if they have had the same issue and is there a solution, I do not want to keep wasting money. Thank you.

- , Albuquerque, NM, USA