1997 Dodge Ram 1500 cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Dodge Ram 1500:

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Jan 151999

Ram 1500 SLT Laramie 5.9L

Brand new truck developed a cooling leak in the first few years. I have replaced the radiator, water pump, hoses along the years. I still have the leak. I was told its the timing cover and this is a known failure issue. Mechanic told me $600 to fix.

Truck had 185,000 miles and I have just lived with it having to put coolant in every few thousand miles.

- , Mount Pleasant, SC, USA