$3,200.00

2. replaced the transmission (1 reports)
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Ram 1500:

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Apr 012002

Ram 1500 ST 318

Had to replace the transmission at 60,000 miles at the deal the truck was purchased from.

- , Smithville, GA, USA

May 212010

Ram 1500 V8

Please help reverse out on 1998 Dodge 1500 transmission. It was fine - took it this morning for annual inspection sticker - mechanic passed & put the sticker in the windshield. I backed it out of garage and the next time I parked after about 7 miles...It wont go in reverse. Just bought the truck and had a transmission put in it. Hopefully this does not mean the used transmission I also just bought! ???

- , Splendora, TX, USA

Aug 262009

Ram 1500 Sport 5.9L V8

click to see larger images

transmission failure

Well The Truck originally was my stepdads. and i bought it off him and he always takes care of stuff. i love the truck and payed 4k for it. i have it maybe three weeks and the trans temp and od light come on. i pull over look at everything and cant figure it out. so. i go home.truck has sat since that day about a week ago other than to drive a block . i jump in today get going and LOSE every gear. no lights on or nothing... truck has always been treated right and everything.... any ideas. on what the hell is up or anyone have issues like that either. found a rebuilt tranny for 800. installed from a local guy. but still 799$ short

- , Warsaw, IN, USA

Jan 172002

Ram 1500 SLT V8

I originally purchased the truck (used with aprox. 90K miles) from Don's Auto Clinic of Cadillac, MI. Drove it for about a year, then the transmission failed. I took it to the same dealership where they diagnosed a bad transmission cooler (located inside the radiator). I had it replaced and about 2-3 weeks later the tranny failed again. This time they said the transmission needed to be rebuilt or replaced. I paid to have it rebuilt. The rebuild came with a one year warranty. Just after that warranty expired I had the fluid and filter replaced prior to leaving on a vacation. When returning from the vacation the transmission failed in Louisville KY and had to be towed to a dealership there. They said it had failed due to the lack of fluid in the overdrive unit. Being stranded there on the weekend, I had to rent a car to drive home. The KY dealership ended up overcharging me for a replacement transmission (this is what my local dealership told me), as I remember that was about $3200. Here I am now, about three years later, and the transmission is acting up again! I am going to pursue a lemon law complaint, but after reading other complaints on-line, I don't have a lot of confidence in that system. I cannot believe these jerks are now asking me to bail them out of their financial mismanagement! If anyone knows of any class action suits that are going out there, PLEASE let be know how I can get on-board!!!

- , Manton, MI, USA