8.8

2. replace with new dashboard (58 reports)
  3. should be a recall (34 reports)
  4. replace with better quality after market dashboard (22 reports)
  5. epoxy and a dash cover (7 reports)
  6. filed a complaint with. www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov (6 reports)
1999 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Ram 1500:

1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 10 of 11)

Nov 072007

Ram 1500 Sport 5.2L

What a piece of junk who builds a truck where the dash cracks with 60000 miles? I WILL never buy another dodge as long as I live. I hope they go out of business. Funny that so many people complain about the same issues in Dodge trucks but Dodge does nothing about it. Next time I will buy a real truck (FORD)!!!!

- , Machesney Park, IL, USA

Nov 022007

Ram 1500 5.2L V8

I own a 1999 dodge ram 1500. When i returned from my deployment to Iraq i noticed to cracks in my dashboard. the truck was in a garage for 8 months and drove once a week by my dad. I was very upset to see the cracks. Over the next year the cracks continued getting worse. I recently had to replace my heater core and in the process we had to remove the dash. We couldnt touch the dash with out it disintegrating. So now i have no dash board at all. I've tried for two years to get dodge to fix the problem. But all i get is the same run around as everyone else. Since the years of my great grandfather we have all owned dodges. After this truck i will nevver waste my money on another dodge. Chevy here i come

- , Crawfordville, FL, USA

Oct 302007

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L

at 60000 miles my dash basically blew up. Cracks every where then big chunks fell out of it. Since then my head lights only work when I put my steering wheel all the way up in the tilt position.

The plastic in general is very bad.

- , 4309 Samantha Dr, NC, USA

Oct 232007

Ram 1500 Sport V8

I thought it only happened to me. After reading many other complaints I am not alone. Bought the truck with 60000 and now has 98000. I keep it immaculate but the dash pisses me off. I have tried to fix it with every type of dash fixing kit there is. Nothing works. Needs to be replaced. Don't know where to begin to get Dodge to pay for it. They probably won't though! I will never own another one!!! Love my truck, HATE THE DASH!! LOOKS LIKE SH**! I would be willing to get in on the class action suit. I am not a rich man, but it is unfair because the problem is directly to Dodge and their product. I am willing to do what it takes!

- , Glen Allen, VA, USA

Oct 102007

Ram 1500 V8 Magnum

I bought the truck this way, but didn't think it was a major problem with the dodge until a friend of mine said theirs (same year) did the exact same thing in the exact same spot. Dodge should replace them for us...

- , Ocean Shores, WA, USA

Aug 292007

Ram 1500 5.2L

The reason I haven't fix the dash is due to the fact I am having problems locating a solution because the complete dash busted out. The products on the market states I must rebuild the dash in order for their products to mount. It is like double work to correct a problem that I feel in which Dodge placed these automobiles with parts that were useless and didn't keep up to time. I kept the upkeep on the auto the dash was conditioned to avoid cracks and after all the TLC the whole dash tumbled in. I have noticed many citizens on the gulf coast dealing with this same problem. I need any suggestions to fix this problems since All Dodge Companies feels this isn't there issue, but I beg to differ since so many of us have this same problem, seems shady don't you think. This is why I will encourage people to stay clear of their automobiles.

- , Satsuma, AL, USA

Sep 142007

Ram 1500 Quad-Cab 4x4 Sp 5.9L

I bought this truck brand new. I have always owned Mopar's and this is the only one to have a cracked dash! What's up???? Seems like Chrysler should be made to stand behind there products. And the US auto makers wonder why people buy non-domestic cars!

- , McDonald, TN, USA

Sep 222007

Ram 1500 V8

1999 Dodge Ram and the dash started cracking with just 50k miles. Cracking in 3 different places. What a shame. I'm going to be buying a new truck next year and can you guess what I won't be buying?

Come on Dodge, step up to the plate here, your losing us.

- , Mesquite, NV, USA

Sep 092007

Ram 1500 HD V6

I had fixed the first crack, but now it is starting to crack all over. The only solution is to replace it.

- , Edgewater, FL, USA

Aug 172007

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L V8

Daimler-Chrysler knows there is an issue with the dashes in the 2nd generation Rams.

As mentioned in the 2001 complaint about the cracked dashes, you can call the 800 number to get a claim number and then they may assist you with the repair.

I have a unique situation... the previous owner (original owner and collegue) asked for assistance about a year and a half ago. Long story short... since he requested assistance and was denied, I am now denied any assistance. This is total BS. I will not drop this issue this easily.

I did however speak to a different parts department at another local dealership. He told me he will sell me the replacement dash (upper) for $350 plus tax. I found this info out to see if and when I get assistance if I got a fair deal.

I have owned may Daimler-Chrysler products over the years..... if they do not take care of this cracked dash issue, I will never own another one again. I also have a 1985 Trans Am with a plastic dash.. this car has always sat outside in the sun and did not have tinted windows until 2 years ago...... NOT ONE CRACK IN THE DASH - I live in Texas...

Someone mentioned class action lawsuit (either in the 99 complaints or the 2001).... lets all contact him.

- , Fort Worth, TX, USA

Aug 152007

Ram 1500 1500 3.2L V6

I have a 99 Dodge Ram 1500... the dashboard fell apart!! I see there are so many others who have the same issue... when are we going to stand up for ourselves and be heard by Dodge... there are power in numbers!!

- , Tallulah, LA, USA

Jul 092007

Ram 1500 1500 4WD EXT CA V8

Ok, after reading numerous complaints, I am really pissed that Dodge denies to accept responsibility for making sh*tty dashes for these Dodge trucks. Hello Dodge, are you stupid. I think maybe we should all take our trucks into Dodge to prove our point and make them fix them. I have heard this is a major problem that they will not own up too. Maybe we should place a class action suit against Dodge. I would like to hear from those who agree with me and want to do something about this. Email me please @ constructionexperiencenow@gmail.com.

I am willing to pay for the attorney who will take this case head on for the consumers who pay for trucks and get screwed.

- , W. Cola, SC, USA

Jul 262007

Ram 1500 360 V8

we bought this dodge ram 1500 as a used truck, but it wasn't cracked when we got it. like others have said, it just appeared overnight, its a weird thing, we thought maybe it was the sun, and we just didn't notice it. but after reading all the complaints on this problem, I too think this should be a recall.

I was told to look on the internet to see if it might be a recall and when I read that it wasn't but see all the complaints. I was upset, this is gross looking, not to mention if we try to sell it, the value goes way down, as no one wants to buy a vehicle with a broken dash board. I encourage everyone who has this problem write in, thanks,

cracked dodge from florida.

- , Belleview, FL, USA

Jul 232007

Ram 1500 SLT 5.2L V8

I HAVE A 1999 DODGE RAM LARAMIE SLT

THE DASHBOARD CRACKED IN NUMEROUS PLACES AND NOW I HAVE HUGE GAPING HOLES FOR A DASH. IT LOOKS LIKE A JIG SAW PUZZLE.

DAIMLER CHRYSLER CORPORATION SAYS " THERES NOTHING WE CAN DO "

I THINK DAIMLER CHRYSLER NEEDS TO RECALL AND FIX THE DASHBOARDS {FREE} OF CHARGE TO ALL THE TRUCK OWNERS WITH THIS PROBLEM.

ALL THE DODGE TRUCK OWNERS NEED TO GET TOGETHER AND START A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT ABOUT DAIMLER CHRYSLER CORPORATION ABOUT THE DASHBOARDS IN THE DODGE RAM TRUCKS.

MR. KENNETH HOPPER

- , Lakeland, FL, USA

May 022007

Ram 1500 Sport V8 318

I didn't know this was something that was happening to all Ram 1500's until I saw it on the news. I have never had a vehicle this new that was well taken care of have the dash fall apart like this. It is terrible. I am sure it doesn't help my resale value on the vehicle and now I am concerned that electrical issues may follow based on the information heard on the news.

- , Apopka, FL, USA

Feb 152007

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9

We purchased the truck new off lot in 2000. After 30,000 miles - 3 years the dash cracked and we were told that the problem was not covered under warranty. We purchased a nice dash cover but the whole dash has since caved in. We will never purchase another dodge auto.

- , Catoosa, OK, USA

Feb 132007

Ram 1500 Sport 5.2 V8

I am another one of the Dodge owners who also has a crack in my dashboard on the passenger side. I have been looking for after market replacements that are of better quality.

- , San Clemente, CA, USA

Feb 132007

Ram 1500

Glued it several times but have given up. My once new truck is now an old farm truck. Will probably not buy Dodge again but not sure what's better.

- , Red Rock, TX, USA

Dec 262006

Ram 1500 5.9L SMPI V8

My dash cracked at about 3 yrs old. The crack (cracks) started at the windshield where it is bolted down so I think it is two problems. Installation and material composition. This looks like sh** and will more than likely have me looking at a different manufacturer for my next truck. To be honest I loved the body style and many other things about this truck and didn't really give the dash a second thought when I bought it, but in the future I will make sure to notice cheap sh** that these auto manufacturers try to get by with to cut costs.

- , Gastonia, NC, USA

Sep 212006

Ram 1500 Quad Sport 4x4

The dashboard in my truck has a huge single crack running from the windshield to the glovebox on the passenger side. The truck has never been wrecked or hit that would cause a crack of this magnitude. Only thing I can think of is the heat here in FL. Strange though that this is the only vehicle we have ever owned that this has happened to, and all the others were in the sun all day too. I am currently aware of two other Dodge Ram truck owners we know that have had the same problem. Same truck, same year. Coincidence?

- , Bartow, FL, USA