8.8

2. replace with new dashboard (58 reports)
  3. should be a recall (34 reports)
  4. replace with better quality after market dashboard (22 reports)
  5. epoxy and a dash cover (7 reports)
  6. filed a complaint with. www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov (6 reports)
1999 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Ram 1500:

1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 11)

Oct 032008

Ram 1500 Sport 360 V8

The dash at first had a little crack. Put some tape..then peices fell off. Put cloth dash cover. Then entire dash crumbled when trying to fix air conditioner. There was no dash. We had no choice but to get a new dash and have it put in. Could not find anyplace to complain to, until now. .

- , St. Martinville, LA, USA

Dec 002000

Ram 1500 Laramie V8

Just a really terrible problem. Dangerous and unsightly.

- , Richmond, VA, USA

Jun 012003

Ram 1500

the dash is falling all to pieces it is just barley holding on. it rattles and drives you crazy. i have another one the same year and its the same way too, and my brother has one too with the dash falling apart. please recall it.

- , odum, GA Georgia, USA

Jan 012013

Ram 1500 XML V8

Cracked dash, very bad. Have a 1979 ford and the dash has not cracked.

- , Charles City, VA, USA

Jul 122009

Ram 1500 Slt Laramie 5.9L V8

could not believe that dash crumbled when took it out to replace heater core. had some cracks before i took it out. but i am very disappointed.

- , Brighton, IL, USA

Jun 152005

Ram 1500 Sport 5.9L Magnum

THE DASH STARTED WITH JUST A SMALL CRACK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DASH AND THEN LAST YEAR IT ALL CRUMBLED IN ON ITSELF. WE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND ONE AND NO ONE HAS OR HAD ANY CAUSE THEY ARE HAVING THE SAME ISSUES THAT THE DASHES KEEP BREAKING ON THEM

- , Zanesville, OH, USA

Apr 012012

Ram 1500 ST 318 5.2L V8

My dash was busted when I bought the truck, so I went and bought a new dash & replaced it. At a price of around $200-$300. I have only owned the truck for around 3 months & put a new dash in it the day after I bought it & last month the dash started cracking again and as of yesterday its in a million pieces.

- , Waycross, GA, USA

Jan 102009

Ram 1500 5.9L

What is up with Dodge not fixing these dashboards? Maybe if everyone that has a problem complained about it something would get done. The people that speak up must only represent a small fraction of the people that have a problem. I just tried selling my truck and the sale was going great until the guy lifted the cloth cover off of the dashboard. I don't speak Spanish but I think he was kind of freaking out. I doubt I will ever buy another Chrysler product again.

- , Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Jun 022004

Ram 1500 LXS 5.9L V8

The dashboard on my dodge is busted and cracked.I have always used a sunvisor over my window but its not helped i don't know what else to do for it.but dodge needs to fix my dash cause its just getting worse and its their fault for this problem i have talked to several people and their dashboard is like mine so dodge needs to fix this problem.

- , London, KY, USA

Dec 202011

Ram 1500 5.9L V8

Every one I have known with this vehicle has had their dash fall in, must have been cheap plastic. The dealers in this area decline to fix it, but a friend of mine in FL said his was covered on a recall, perhaps it was just a more ethical dealer taking personal responsibility. I am not going to get an $800 fix for my pickup that is worth maybe $3500, I hope everyone sees it and avoids Dodge and Chrysler.

- , Oran, MO, USA

Jun 202005

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L

I have 4 Chrysler vehicles, 1999 Ram 1500, 2005 Jeep Liberty,1979 D-300 and 1971 Demon. I am a Mopar guy. I bought my 99 Ram new in May of 99. It has 61000 miles on it. I could throw a cat through the holes in my dash. I have kept this truck up very well, this is very disappointing to say the least. In my opinion chrysler should fix this problem. I will be in the market for a new truck this year. I might me pulling my Demon to the Mopar Nationals with a new Ford. The new ecoboost sounds like one heck of a truck.

- , Dalton, GA, USA

Nov 022006

Ram 1500 5.2L

just very annoying. my whole top of the dash is basically one big hole. this can be kinda dangerous cause u can get cut on the sharp pieces of plastic.

- , Baden, PA, USA

Feb 012010

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.9L

Dodge has known about this for years and has yet to do a recall. This problem injured my hand just while cleaning my own vehicle! I sliced my hand open on the sharp plastic wiping off dust, and yes i was using a rag. This is an issue that dodge and the govt agency need to address in a recall before more serious injuries occur.

- , Kansas City, MO, USA

Jan 012011

Ram 1500 SLT 5.2L

Same problem different truck busted dash and dodge tells me Oh well

- , Travelers Rest, SC, USA

Aug 082005

Ram 1500 SLT 5.2L

Placed a complaint with dodge and all they told me was that they couldnt help me. So I am left with a truck that has a busted dash that I consider to be very unsafe. If I have an accident it is going to fly into pieces. They need to own up to this problem and fix this even if it is to partially pay for it. Im scared to drive it. so now what?

- , Travelers Rest, SC, USA

Aug 042009

Ram 1500 LT 5.7L

This all started in 2009 with a long line crack and now is a full blown mess. Holes in the dash, large pieces falling onto the wiring harness sun light baking wiring. Not only is it an eyesore, it could cause a fire.

- , Springfield, MO, USA

Aug 242010

Ram 1500 STL 5.9L

The pieces are sharp in wreck it would be like shrapnel the stuff is sharp and brittle

- , Alpharetta, GA, USA

Mar 012007

Ram 1500

My dash started as a crack in it, then it just went to hell from there and appears that this is not the first issue with it several people have had the same issue. Dodge should own up and issue a recall since it is the material that they manufactured! The dash with that is not UV resistant and just looks like hell and has caused several sharp edges on my dash I keep it covered with a carpet lining so that my children do not get cut on the sharp edges. I am looking for what they call a Dash Cap which is a plastic lining that you glue on to correct my problem, but as being a Dodge owner who thought that they were buying a dependable truck really got fooled in their quality of materials.

- , Parrottsville, TN, USA

Jun 012009

Ram 1500 LX 3.2L

HEADACHE,HEARTACHE,MENTAL ANGUISH, EMBARRASSMENT. I can't believe that a Company such as Dodge would not come up with a solution for this prob. with everything they have taken from the American consumer they should feel proud to offer a prompt fix for this awful issue. I Love my truck but cant' stand to drive it during the day. only under the cover of darkness. lol crazy huh.

- , La Feria, TX, USA

Feb 032004

Ram 1500 V8

dodge needs to fix this problum every truck i have seen around the modle of mine is like this !!!! You can't lay any thing up there it will fall through the hole !!!

- , Calhoun City, MS, USA