1999 Dodge Ram 1500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Ram 1500:

1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Jan 022009

Ram 1500 5.2L

The truck is rusting on each door and below. There is significant rust along the bottom of the panels all around. There is a bias with the worst rust on the passenger side. The only portion I had fixed was the hood. The body shop opted to replace and paint. It was cheaper than repairing all the rust.

- , Mount Airy, MD, USA

Feb 032007

Ram 1500 LX 5.2

The passenger side speaker shorts out. I'm the third owner and I have records were the speaker had been replaced before. It was replaced by the first owner at around 38,000 miles. It seems the solution to the problem is not in the speakers , because a Dodge dealership is the ones who replaced the speaker the first time. I also have a problem were when my truck is under load I hear a knocking noise, I've tried all kinds of things to get rid of this problem nothing seems to work. I'm a first time Dodge and this will be the last time I will buy another Dodge !!!!!

- , Bennington, IN, USA