1999 Dodge Ram 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Ram 1500:

1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Jan 012005

Ram 1500 Sport 5.9L

I bought the truck with 1500 miles on it in 04, like new, with the 5.9 ltr engine,,,Man does it suck fuel from day one..I was getting 12-14 hwy and 9-10 city when I first got it , now with the methanol fuel out there and no where to get regular gas mileage is down to 10 hwy and 8-9 city and pulling a load , forget it I dont even look anymore...All of the mechanics I have spoken to have said that that engine either comes out with 15-16 or 10-12 and no one can tell me what the problem is.......Just wonder if anyone has had any solutions to the problem, I added a K&N air filter for better flow but didnt help much if any.. Like I posted in a different post I am looking at a 2001 Dodge with the 5.9 Cummins Turbo Diesel that is supposedly getting up to 22 hwy miles and 16 should pull anything I can hook up to it.....

- , Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA