8.7

1. dodge should make this a major recall (84 reports)
  2. recall & replace at no cost to owner (73 reports)
  4. replace dashboard (24 reports)
  5. recall defective dash (4 reports)
  6. never buy another dodge (3 reports)
2000 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Ram 1500:

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 11 of 11)

Jan 162007

Ram 1500 3.2L V6

As a major company, Dodge/Chrysler should recall this problem or offer some type of compensation for it. They created a poor product and now they will make more money off of their defect as the service must be provided in their dealerships. A bunch of BS!

Also, don't bother calling their "help" line,800-992-1997. this is no help at all and the dash board issue has been denied for assistance!

- , Greensboro, NC, USA

Jul 062005

Ram 1500 5.9L V8

I have a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 extended cab and the dash has busted all to pieces. It looks like a big jigsaw puzzle. It started out with one crack and in about a years time it has turned into a joke. I don't think much of Dodge if they can't recall and fix something as major as this seems to becoming.

- , Clarkesville, GA, USA

Sep 122003

Ram 1500 Laramie SLT 5.9L V8

I own a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 4wd with a very horrible looking Dash. The dash is cracked and huge pieces have fallen in. I have covered it with a towel to make it less visible. It really looks horrible. I have owned Dodge vehicles for many years. My wife and I both drive Dodge's now, but I will not be purchasing another one unless they do something to fix this problem.

- , Coldwater, MS, USA

Nov 072007

Ram 1500 1500 V8

Cracked dash on my 2000 Ram is junk.It is falling into the wire harness.I wrote Chrysler and no response.This I think is a safety issue.I have several sharp,lose pieces of plastic dash that could fly at me if I ever had a front end collision.

- , Abington, MA, USA

Nov 042007

Ram 1500

Well started cracking at about 70,000 miles filed complaint with dodge did no good,the dealer wants 800.00 for new dash no way am I going to pay that much. I also have a 2003 dodge arm 1500 and the dash is starting to crack on it I like the the truck but don't like the dealing with Dodge

- , Sunrise, FL, USA

Oct 092007

Ram 1500

I believe that the dash was cracked by Bald Hill Dodge while they had the truck to repair it. No help from the service manager.

- , Warwick, RI, USA

Oct 282007

Ram 1500 1500 V8

My 2000 Ram 1500 dashboard is so badly cracked pieces are falling off.I would think this would be a safety issue.The dash behind my passenger airbag is gone.........why will Dodge not fix this?

- , Abington, MA, USA

Oct 202007

Ram 1500 SLT 5.8L

Same Same Same....I have a Dodge Ram 1500 SLT assembled in St. Louis Mo. Noticed the dash cracking after having a Pioneer GPS installed at Circuit City I, in my mind, was blaming them (Circuit City)at first but something told me it wasn't their fault after more and more cracks started showing up all over. I found this site and confirmed its shotty cheap material. Nothing I hate more than crappy work and things that fall appart and the folks responsible not standing up and making it right. Thanks Dodge, next time you bend over I hope I can return the favor. [end rant]

- , Palm Desert, CA, USA

Oct 032007

Ram 1500 SLT 5.2L

I WILL NEVER BUY A DODGE AGAIN. I WILL MAKE SURE I TELL EVERYONE THAT I COME ACROSS THAT DODGE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THERE BUYERS NOR DO THEY REALIZE THE POWER OF SOMEONES OPINION AND WHAT IT CAN DO TO THERE BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BE SMART DO NOT BUY DODGE!

- , Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Oct 032007

Ram 1500 1500

The dash on my Dodge Ram 1500 truck completely caved in and is continually falling into more pieces which may have lead to other problems. Dodge should recall these faulty dashboards. Maybe if enough of there customers find out about the dashboard problems they will be forced to do something. I know that should I have a front in collision, my dashboard holds no safety protection at all.

- , Brunswick, GA, USA

Sep 212007

Ram 1500 1500 4.7L

PURCHASED MY WIFE'S 2002 RAM 4X4 NEW IN 02, AT AROUND 55-60K MILES NOTICED A CRACK ON THE PASSENGER SIDE THAT WAS VERY NOTICEABLE AFTER A MONTH OR SO OTHER CRACKS BEGAN TO APPEAR. NOW AT 80K MILES THE DASH LOOKS LIKE IT WAS HIT WITH A HAMMER AND YOU CAN SEE THROUGH IT. MY WIFE HAS TAKEN EXTREMELY GOOD CARE OF HER TRUCK BUT STATES THAT IT'S EMBARRASSING TO HAVE PEOPLE RIDE IN IT DUE TO THE CONDITION OF THE DASH. WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PURCHASE A DASH MAT TO PUT A BAND AID ON A WOUND THAT SHOULD NOT BE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. SURE WISH THAT THERE WAS SOMETHING WE ALL COULD DO TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE. AS OF NOW I HAVE NOT HEARD OF A RECALL.

- , Bradenton, FL, USA

Sep 242007

Ram 1500 4x4 QC SLT 5.9L V8

I park my truck in the shade 80% of the time. Dash cracked last year. Like others reported, it appears as though someone used a shovel to dig the dash apart. Awful of Dodge to not report or recall this! What a nightmare. See my other complaint with Transmission(s).

- , San Jose, CA, USA

Sep 092007

Ram 1500 Laramie SLT 5.9L V8

I noticed a small crack in my dashboard at approx. 85,000mi. By 90,000 the entire dash was cracked and large chunks were falling in. I have used a windshield shade exclusively since the truck was purchased new. I purchased a fitted dash mat to mask this unsightly problem but it does nothing for the rattles. From all the research that I have done about this problem, Dodge/Chrysler is aware of it, but refuses to do anything. BIG MAN PICKING ON THE LITTLE KID.

I WILL NOT PURCHASE ANOTHER CHRYSLER PRODUCT UNTIL THEY CAN PROVE TO ME THAT THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF THE CONSUMERS WHO KEEP THEM IN BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!

- , McKinney, TX, USA

Jun 082007

Ram 1500 5.9L

My dash is awful. just about my entire dash as fallen in. I have a towel covering the big gapping holes. Other wise I love my truck. Please help fix this problem.

- , Orlando, FL, USA

Aug 082007

Ram 1500 LX 5.2L

Don't get me wrong I love my truck, but what the hell? I have more than a few friend's and they all have the same problem. A cracked dashboard. Mine looks like I have been digging it out with a shovel. Why doesn't Dodge do something about this? Besides deny, deny, deny that is.

It makes them look bad with all their vehicles driving around in this condition.

- , West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Jul 262007

Ram 1500 Sport 5.9L

Come on Dodge. The bad press for this problem is something you don't need right now. Own up the problem and take care of those of us who thought enough of your products to buy one. They're not cheap, you know?

- , Spiro, OK, USA

Jul 202007

Ram 1500 5.9L

Bought the truck with 35K in 2003 and there was no cracks in the dash. In the middle of 2005 my dash started cracking on the passenger side. Now the whole dash looks like a jig saw puzzle. I priced a replacement dash from our local Dodge dealer and it was going to be $480.00 for the dash and $500.00 for labor. This is unreal! I've taken very good care of this truck and the dash will certainly affect my resell value by at least 1K. I will not buy another Dodge again. They do not believe in Service After the Sale. Let me know if one of those Class Actions Lawsuits begin, I will put my name with it too.

- , Killeen, TX, USA

May 032007

Ram 1500

Hopefully, Dodge will recognize that this is a major issue. I have a caved in, ugly dashboard. I cannot sell this truck with the dash in this condition. I want this issue resolved & Dodge to admit to fault. If a class action lawsuit is started.... I'll be a the front of the line screaming the most !!!!!

- , Saint Cloud, FL, USA