2001 Dodge Ram 1500 AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Jun 152005

Ram 1500 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact observed two small cracks around the vents attached to the dashboard. Two months later cracks were present near the windshield on both sides of the dashboard and in the center with exposed wires. The dashboard was replaced at the contact''s expense. Also, the air conditioner failed and was repaired at the contact''s expense. The contact filed complaint # 16254734 on May 1, 2007 with Dodge due to news broadcast stating that the dashboards on the vehicles were cracking. The current mileage is 60,000, and failure mileage was 40,000. Updated 05/21/07

- Merritt Island , FL, USA

Jan 012005

Ram 1500

Over a period of a few months the freon in my pickup's air conditioning system escaped under pressure (when the A/C or defroster were turned on and engine running) into the cab of the truck. I periodically noticed an oily residue on the inside of the wind shield when the A/C or defroster were turned on, but thought little of it. Simultaneously with the freon leaking under pressure into the cab, I developed serious medical problems including a diagnosis by a neurologist of polyneuropathy following ascending periphal neuropathy. I lost forty pounds in a two month period. I did not know the cause of my illness until the A/C stopped working due to a lack of freon, and the mechanic traced the leak to the inside of the cab. I have not fully recovered from the prolonged effects of breathing the freon.it seems there should be some sort of detector to indicate when a problem such as this occurs. Since my Dodge pickup had this problem, I suspect that others may have had the same malufunction, and would like to warn other drivers. Fortunately, I was the only user of the truck and I am over 60 years old. My dr. Tells me that the long-term effects of regularly breathing freon almost daily for several weeks is unknown and that I might recover from the neuropathy or possibly not. My weight loss occurred considerably in the arms and legs (consistent with periphal neuropathy associated with breathing freon). Please warn others of this problem.

- Mt Pleasant, TX, USA

Jul 202003

Ram 1500

Transmission, brakes, air conditioning.

- Senatobia, MS, USA

Apr 152002

Ram 1500

Air condition is leaking on passanger side of truck I was told by a Mr. Brent ivie that works for herb gorden. That Dodge knows abut the problem but has not done any thing about it so I am driving this truck with a puddle of water on the floor and the truck is starting to smell thank you for any help you can give me.

- Upper Marlboro, MD, USA