8.5

1. Dodge should issue a recall (373 reports)
  2. replace dash (114 reports)
  4. bought a dash cover (7 reports)
  5. glue it back together (5 reports)
  6. dodge needs to pay for 1/2 or all the cost of parts/repair (2 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 23 of 30)

Nov 012005

Ram 1500 LS

It's on the right side beginning at the base of the windshield and ending on the a/c vent.

- , Uvalde, TX, USA

Jun 042006

Ram 1500 3.9L

My dash cracked on the right side from the windshield to the outer edge. A few days later it had two more cracks of the same type in the middle of the dash. Then it cracked on the driver side and now the black cover around the instrument cluster is broken. Now there is a big hole in the dash right in front center. I tried to glue the parts back together just to fill the hole but the glue will not hold. I was going to use it for a cup holder but I had trouble seeing around the bottle of Coke. I gave up on that. With the fuel prices I can fix my dash or I can keep going to work but not both. If Dodge will not fix this problem I won't be buying another one (Dodge).

- , Pryor, OK, USA

Mar 042007

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L

Well like everyone here my dash has also split wide open and all over, and I have sent emails to Chrysler about this problem and was told my warranty was out. I also have a 1990 dodge ram D150 that does not have 1 crack on the dash in the same heat and sun as the other truck. The problem is not only the dash pad / cover but also the plastic frame that supports the dash pad / cover underneath. my frame is also cracking, The best glue if you want to try to piece your dash back together that i have found is permatex plastic weld available at Advance Auto Parts epoxy that you mix together works great once bonded let sit for 4 hours and fully cure good as new. they also sell a plastic dash cover cap for under $200.00

- , Pooler, GA, USA

Feb 102007

Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.9L

AS I WAS SHOPPING AROUND FOR A NEW DASH I STUMBLED ACROSS THIS SITE AND HAD READ THE NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS OF THE SAME PROBLEM THAT I AM HAVING WITH MY DASH BOARD. MY DASH BOARD HAS MORE CRACKS IN IT THAN CLINT EASTWOOD HAS WRINKLES ON HIS FACE. GET THE PICTURE. THERE SHOULD BE A RECALL ON THIS FROM DODGE. MY TRUCK IS A 2001 RAM QUAD CAB WITH 64,000 MILES. PRETTY MUCH IN A-1 CONDITION. NOT ONLY DO I GET TOLD WHAT A BEAUTIFUL TRUCK BUT I ALSO GET " WOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DASH" . FOR A TRUCK THAT ISN'T THAT OLD ( 8 YRS.) AND THE DEALER WANTS ALMOST $500, DODGE SHOULD MAKE GOOD ON THIS AND DO A GOOD DEED AND RECALL THEM.

- , SICKLERVILLE, NJ, USA

Oct 202006

Ram 1500 SL 5.9L

I have a dodge ram 1500, the dash has a crack in it. I'm afraid that the airbag would not deploy if I had a accident. I guess when someone dies, then maybe

Dodge will do something about it. We need to start a class action lawsuit against Dodge. Contact your representatives in your state. See what we can do.Send a copy of all the complaints to them. Larry S.

- , Charlestown, IN, USA

Feb 012008

Ram 1500 1500 5.2L

My Dodge Ram 2001 has a cracked dashboard. As far as we know, there have not been an recalls on this truck. My truck looks awful and it's very well maintained, garage kept. It looks like a brand new truck except for the dash!

- , Cedartown, GA, USA

Oct 152008

Ram 1500 SLT 3.9L V8

I reported the first crack in my dash about a year ago. Now, I have another!! I am guessing that I am going to have to shell out some money to replace it, or end up with my dash totally falling apart. What a crappy product.

- , North Creek, NY 12853, USA

Oct 242005

Ram 1500 Qaud Cab 5.2L V8

Yeah! Dodge should pay to have it fixed! It's a problem and they should realize it and I bet if it were made in the USA wew wouldn't have this problem.

- , Defuniak Springs, FL, USA

Nov 012005

Ram 1500

I SEEM TO BE JUST LIKE MANY, MANY, MANY OTHERS....I DIDN'T COME ACROSS THIS SITE UNTIL I WAS SEARCHING FOR A DASH FOR MY TRUCK. I BOUGHT MY TRUCK BRAND NEW AND I LOVED IT ! I STILL LOVE MY TRUCK TODAY EXCEPT...MY DASH HAS HOLES IN IT AND CRACKS THAT STARTED IN 2005. I BOUGHT A DASH COVER FOR IT BUT....DON'T CARE FOR THE CLOTH OR CARPET LOOK. I HAVE MET SSSOOOO MANY PEOPLE THAT SAY "IT SEEMS THAT ALL DODGE TRUCKS HAVE BAD DASH BOARDS". COME ON....HOW MANY DOES IT TAKE TO FIGURE OUT THAT THIS IS A MANUFACTURE'S SCREW UP???? AWESOME TRUCK !!!! RUINED BY THAT UGLY DASH !!!

- , Wharton, TX, USA

Jul 012004

Ram 1500 Quad Cab 3.2V8

We bought our Dodge 1500 pickup brand new in 2001 and the dash board started to crack everywhere just 3 years later, my husband has it looking so beautiful and in immaculate condition but the dash is the part that makes it look so awful. I am happy to say that I will NEVER purchase another Dodge vehicle as long as Chrysler Dodge refuses to stand behind their products. I am disgusted by their lack of intelligence! We also had to the replace the transmission at a cost of $3000. The A\C is going bad as well, I really think the cracked dash has effected the A\C in some way. I say drive around a Dodge dealership with signs that say that DODGE dashboards are defected and see what they do : ) I will try that first! I'll let you know what happens!

- , San Antonio, TX, USA

Jul 012008

Ram 1500 LT 5.9L

Dash cracked 3 months after I bought the freaking truck and now........RPM's and transmission kicks in and out of overdrive.

- , El Paso, AR, USA

Oct 072008

Ram 1500 Magnum 5.2L V8

My dashboard is cracked, so i looked it up on google to see if i can get a new one. It seems like im not the only one.

- , Canton, GA, USA

Jun 102007

Ram 1500 Slt 4x4 5.9L

this is my first dodge and i love it except for the dash that cracked two days after i bought it.my truck is as clean inside and out as a new penny with the exception of this crack in the dash.YOU WOULD THINK CHRYSLER WOULD HAVE ENOUGH RESPECT FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS THAT THEY WOULD FIX THIS PROBLEM.

- , Augusta, GA, USA

Jun 112008

Ram 1500 Sport 4x4 5.9L

Dodge again and its range of 1994-2001 Rams have all had cracked dashboard complaints more than normal. I believe that Dodge should recall these dashboards as the product is a piece of sh*t. Also all transmissions in these years were pretty crappy too. I have replaced the tranny, but I refuse to pay that much for a Dashboard!!!!. Anyone know where to get a new dash for this vehicle cheap???

Thanks,

Dave

- , Dickinson, TX, USA

Oct 012008

Ram 1500 SLT Laramie 5.9L V8

I bought my Ram in May of 2008 from the used vehicles department of my local Dodge dealer. The dash was cracked so bad that the dealer had a new dash installed for free (which was a BIG relief). I drove the truck for barely 4 months and now there are 2 cracks on the dash piece above the instrument panel. My interior is immaculate except for those 2 stupid cracks. I love Dodge trucks but it's ridiculous when this many people complain and have the same problem and still Dodge refuses to issue a recall. It's no wonder people aren't buying Dodge trucks now-a-days. I just hope they get their act together or else I'm afraid they may go under.

- , Clever, MO, USA

Jun 152007

Ram 1500 3.9L V6

MY DASH HAS BEEN CRACKING OVER THE LAST YEAR AND 1/2. THE CRACKS LOOK IDENTICAL TO PICTURES OF OTHER DODGE TRUCK DASHES I'VE SEEN ON THE INTERNET AND NEWS. I AND SO MANY OTHER OWNERS ARE EXPERIENCING CRACKS THAT A SAFETY RECALL SHOULD BE ISSUED IMMEDIATELY BEFORE SOMEONE IS SERIOUSLY INJURED BECAUSE OF THE FAULTY PLASTIC USED ON ALL THESE DODGE TRUCKS.

- , Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jan 012008

Ram 1500 SLT 5.8L

all the dash is cracked and the passenger side has a hole the size of a basketball it is dangerous for my passangers.

- , Tyler, TX, USA

Oct 012006

Ram 1500 Sport

Really aggravated that my dash cracked near a heat vent and ruined the looks of my truck. If I decide to sell it I'm sure it will reduce the amt I could get. I've other Dodge owners that said theirs also cracked & right at the heat vent, like mine. I really think Dodge should issue a Recall & replace for free.

- , Danville, KY, USA

May 052008

Ram 1500 1500 5.9L

This problem is more common than I thought. Dodge really should correct this problem.I take very good care of my truck and find it very annoying that I paid good money for a cheap piece of plastic. Thank You Dodge for the embarrassing Cracks, Don't expect any loyalty out of me.

- , Elmore, OH, USA

Sep 012005

Ram 1500 1500 V8

This is my third Dodge truck in my lifetime, but the only one newer than 80 something. My dash started cracking back in 2005, and I thought it was just Oklahoma sunshine doing it. I have a son-in-law that has an 01 ram too, and his dash has fallen to pieces. A couple of weeks ago my cracked up dash fell in on itself while I was driving down the road. There is now a hole (kind of diamond shaped) about 8 by 6 inches. Since I'm an Oklahoma Redneck, I decided to superglue all the cracks back together. That was a mistake. When I tried to flex the pieces back together for gluing, they broke out worse. The thing looks terrible, and after reading all these comments I know Dodge isn't going to stand behind this. My check engine light has been on for a year or so for no good reason, and the dash lights only work some of the time. Hmmmm... I wonder if the dash cracks have caused some wire failure? Anyway, Now I know the true meaning of "Ram Tough". When you're buying, they suggest a "Ram". When you want them to stand behind it, they say "Tough."

- , Tulsa, OK, USA