8.0

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

May 102009

Ram 1500 LarietSLT

The dome lights will not turn off and runs down battery.

- , Richland Hills, TX, USA

Aug 092005

Ram 1500 Laramie SLT 5.9L

The first time I tried turning on my interior light, it worked but when I tried turning it off, it got stuck on. Eventually I got it to turn off and now it doesn't work at all. I've tried replacing the bulb but that didn't fix the problem either. Whats up with these cheap parts they are using on Dodges? I'm very disappointed w/Dodge!

- , Franklin, NC, USA

Aug 012008

Ram 1500 SLT 3.9L V8

Shortly after I bought my truck, one of the interior ceiling lights (right in front of the sunglasses holder) ceased to work. It's not just the bulb--the actual mechanism is broken, and just kind of flops around when you try to click the light on or off. Last week, the other light broke!! I didn't do anything that would cause it to break, it just ceased to work, and is doing the exact same thing as the other one. Sure, it's not major, but it's definitely a pain in the ass when you need to read a map at night and don't want to turn the dome light on!

- , North Creek, NY 12853, USA