2001 Dodge Ram 1500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 11 of 25)

Mar 012003

Ram 1500

The dashboard of my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 has fallen apart. There are now holes in it. When I first contacted Dodge about the problem they said they had no recall on it but to continue to watch for it, as several people have reported this same problem. My question is this, if so many people across the us are having the same issue with their 2001 Dodge, then there has to be a problem with manufacturing when they molded the plastic. When is Dodge going to step up and take responsibility for an investment that is falling apart, that is their fault? not only has the dash cracked on our auto but, the cigarette lighter busted loose from the plastic and is now located somewhere in the dash. The headliner and one of the interior fold down mirrors has come apart. This auto is literally falling apart in the cab. Please tell me you are going to investigate this properly. I know of at least 3 other people who live in my area who are having the same problem with their 2001 Dodge Ram.

- Nolanville, TX, USA

Jan 012005

Ram 1500

2001 Dodge Ram dash board has been cracking all over the place and this morning a big peace had fallen through, and I did manage to get it out, what can I do as this is becoming a safety hazard, to shorting out wires or even causing a fire. Dodge has no recall on this item.

- Dickinson, TX, USA

Dec 022008

Ram 1500

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 with 84,000 miles the dash board start to crack and now it has a big hole in it this is causing the engine light to go on some times and the dash board lights to go on and of at night and its difficult to concentrate I try to have a mechanic fix it and they said to take it to the dealer because since the dash is broken they will not warranty their work.

- Federal Way , WA, USA

Jun 092008

Ram 1500

Unexplained sudden dash crack in multiple locations on a 2001 Dodge Ram sport in upstate NY.

- Fairport, NY, USA

Jan 182004

Ram 1500

2001 Dodge Ram dash falling in and exposing wires and air bag. Dash cracking all over the place and poieces falling inward on electrical wires.

- Midleburg, FL, USA

Mar 012008

Ram 1500

Dashboard is inexplicably cracking and caving in.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Mar 112007

Ram 1500

Dashboard cracking and holes are starting to form. Can be dangerous if water would get under the dash by the electrical systems.

- Zeeland, MI, USA

Sep 012006

Ram 1500

The dash board of my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 truck started to crack about 3 yrs ago and I've been trying to find another ever since. Dodge has been on back order since my first call in Sept 2006. Every 01 Dodge I've seen has a cracked dash board covered with a dash carpet/cover. This needs to be resolved! Dodge is/was a great company I thought. I will be taking business else where if I can't get this issue resolved.

- Cleburne, TX, USA

Apr 102009

Ram 1500

The dashboard of my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 and my brother's 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 as well have severe dashboard cracks. The cracks have gotten so bad that there are now large holes in the dash and shards of jagged plastic covering my entire dashboard. I thought this was a local problem then I found that there are hundreds of other complaints as well.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Sep 102006

Ram 1500

2001 Ram 1500 sport. About a year and a half ago I noticed a crack on the top of the dashboard above the passenger side air bags closer to the windshield. I was like !@#$% I take very good care of the truck, I do not use oils on it since my eyes get irritated by it. At times I can actually hear something cracking in the dashboard, I look but don't see any new cracks visible. Although now my dash is cracked very bad. It's spreading and is ridiculous. The truck looks new, but you get in it and see the big eye soar on the dashboard. I was unaware of being able to complain about it figuring it was a fluke. But now I have learned there are alot of Dodge owners with the same or worse issue. How about a new dash cover or something. Please stand behind the products you build. This is why so many americans buy foreign! help us help you! I won't buy another Dodge if you don't stand behind the ?!@#$% you sell! I'll buy Toyota!

- Clifton, NJ, USA

Nov 102004

Ram 1500

The dash board on my 2001 Dodge quadcab pickup truck 1500 is severely cracked. This is not the normal cracking that you may expect to see through normal wear and tear. It is a defect in the equipment. Large gaping holes all over the dash. If the un-attached cracked sections were removed there would be no dash at all.

- Bogalusa, LA, USA

Nov 102008

Ram 1500

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 50,000 miles bought new. Dash board cracking above airbag from windshield to air bag. I called a dealer about it and they said there was no recall that was the end of it. Now I see others are having the same problem. Buying dash cap.

- Shelton, CT, USA

Mar 152009

Ram 1500

Dash board cap was cracking, then collapsing, and now has fallen in.

- Melbourne, FL, USA

Mar 202005

Ram 1500

Cracks in the dashboard. No cause. Has been damaged since 2005 when the truck was only 4 years old. Seems to keep getting worse.

- Mount Juliet, TN, USA

Apr 202006

Ram 1500

4 years after buying the truck, dash coming apart, and having some electrical problems. No correction has been taken yet.

- Ashland, KY, USA

Apr 012002

Ram 1500

I have a 2001 Ram Dodge 1500 and the dash board is completely cracked, large holes. Started cracking a year after purchased new. It has been covered by dash cover.

- Niceville, FL, USA

Feb 202008

Ram 1500

My dashboard is so cracked that my glovebox has fallen out and I worry that the airbags will deploy.

- Hillsboro, MO, USA

Jan 272004

Ram 1500

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 truck crack dashboard last 5 years it crack more and more and the dealer want $1300 to fix it if you look on site crackdashboards U fine the Dodge has a list on them.

- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Jan 012003

Ram 1500

We bought the truck new it's in excellent condition except the dash, it is falling apart I have never seen a dash that looked this bad. I think it is probably dangerous! it got a small crack about 2 years after we bought it and now its awful and has been for a long time. I started looking for a replacement dash and ran across complaints in several states that had even had it on the news.

- Waynesville, NC, USA

Mar 152008

Ram 1500

The dash of my vehicle began to crack approximately one year ago, first there was a single crack beginning closest to the windshield in front of the passenger seat and crossing the dash ending in the center of the dash. Since then several other cracks have surfaced that are beginning to affect the defrost, heating/ac and may begin to affect the air bog operation and possible the under dash wiring. Multiple other reports identify that the manufacturer refuses to correct the problem.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA