2001 Dodge Ram 1500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 17 of 25)

Mar 062008

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

Several large cracks in the dash board have left electrical components exposed and have caused concern over the safety and stability of the dash and front airbag during a crash.

- Brunswick, ME, USA

Jan 012005

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

My 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 dash board and bezel have severely cracked. It is obvious that Dodge has used inferior materials (plastics) in making these trucks. This is a safety issue. If the air bag ever deploys shrapnel will fly! when the cracks first happened I did complain to our local dealership. The truck, at the time, was covered under warranty. All I received from the service department was a "sorry we can not help you because the part is not under a recall." This truck is well maintained and this should not have happened. I feel taken advantage of and along with many others want answers to this problem with a solution from Dodge.

- Jacksonville , FL, USA

Mar 092008

Ram 1500 8-cyl

I have 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 laramie slt and my dash is cracked severely on the passenger side. My fear is I will be in a crash and when it deploys the cracks will tear a hole in it.

- Scottsburg, IN, USA

Mar 072008

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 and my dash has started to crack and as it continues to crack it will interfere with my passenger side airbag deploying...risking the life of my family member or friend.

- Michigan City, IN, USA

Feb 042008

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Dashboard of my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 truck has collapsed totally leaving large holes.

- Marshall, MO, USA

Jul 132007

Ram 1500 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500. The dashboard has cracked in various places. The dealer stated that they would repair the failure at the contacts expense. The failure mileage was 175,270 and current mileage was 163,000. Updated 03-25-08 updated 03/25/08

- Muskogee, OK, USA

Jul 222006

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Holes in dashbord. My son came inside the house with a cut finger because of it. 2001 Dodge Ram 1500. All these trucks have the same problem.

- Dumas, TX, USA

May 122006

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

Like everyone's else's 2001 Ram 1500 the dash board cracked all over the place, big pieces falling down inside the dash and vents, and also the heads cracked at 75,000 miles or so.

- Highland, CA, USA

Feb 272008

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

My 2001 Dodge Ram dashboard is falling apart. Truck is immaculate but my dash looks like a roadmap. Cracks start at the defrost vents and continue up dash meeting each other in places. I know 9 people that own Ram in my area and all 9 have cracked dashboards. This is a huge problem and there should be a recall. I love Dodge but if they do not stand behind there product and fix what needs to be fixed they will lose me as a consumer forever.

- Zuni, VA, USA

Mar 152007

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Dash falling apart on my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500, pieces falling into the dash area causing electrical issues.

- Douglasville, GA, USA

Feb 262008

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

I own a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500. The dashboard is literally crumbling away. I spoke with the dealer and they admitted to a known issue with the manufacture of the dash component. Parts are not currently available due to high replacement demand. Dodge is selectively covering repairs or replacement. When I contacted Dodge customer affairs they denied there was a problem and refused to effect any repair or replacement.

- Plantation, FL, USA

Feb 142008

Ram 1500 8-cyl

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 and my dashboard is severely cracking. It is getting progressively worse and is now starting to fall apart. Without having to research very long on the internet I have found thousands of the same issue with the same vehicle leading me to believe that this condition should be under a mass recall. Once the dash begins to fall apart wiring begins to melt causing lights and instruments to cease working or malfunction putting everyone at risk. This is also a fire hazard for everyone in the vehicle. I do not feel safe driving this vehicle any longer given its current condition and would like to see this taken care of by Dodge.

- La Mirada, CA, USA

Feb 222007

Ram 1500 8-cyl

My Dodge Ram 1500 dash has cracked in numerous places. I understand this has been a common problem. This happened numerous months ago.

- West Columbia, SC, USA

Jan 012008

Ram 1500 6-cyl

2001 Dodge Ram 1500....dash started cracking in Jan 08.....it wont stop, everyday there are more cracks.

- Midlothian, TX, USA

Jan 212008

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

Dashboard cracking and falling apart has led to electrical malfunctions. The main one is that when switching from dim to bright lights during night driving, the headlights go out completely.

- Loudon, TN, USA

Dec 302007

Ram 1500

Dodge Ram 1500 I have the cracking dashboard problem. Started one morning when I got in my truck to leave work. Got to work it was fine. When I got back in it to leave there was a spider web crack along the passenger side dashboard against the window. Has gotten a little bigger in the past month or two but otherwise has stayed the same.

- Helena, AL, USA

Jul 152007

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

Huge crack and hole in dashboard.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Feb 052002

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

I own two Dodge Ram pickups 2001,1500 and 2003,2500 both have cracked dashes actually the 1500 the dash is falling out possible affecting the air bag system.

- Castroville , TX, USA

Jul 122007

Cracked dashboard.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

May 112002

Ram 1500 8-cyl

The dashboard on our 2001 Dodge Ram pickup cracked only after a year. We took it so the dealership in mcalester, ok (riverside Dodge) and they refused to fix it. They said it was not covered under warranty. Now there is an 8 inch hole in the dashboard and numerous cracks over the entire surface and even on the inside trim work. Since first reporting this, it has come to my attention that there are hundreds if not thousands of vehicles exactly like ours with the same problem. We feel that Dodge/Chrysler needs to recall this and take care of this dangerous problem. We have seen and heard of reports on the internet about electrical problems, etc that worries us too.

- Mcalester, OK, USA