2001 Dodge Ram 1500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 19 of 25)

Apr 012005

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

The dashboard of my truck has been cracking for the last 2 years to the point that pieces of it have fallen through. The result is a dashboard that is in pieces, may cause flying missiles during an impact and is also cosmetically unpalitable. I am contacting Dodge for a replacement but have had no luck so far.

- Centreville, VA, USA

Oct 242007

Ram 1500 6-cyl

I own a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 V6 pick-up, purchased new and the only owner. Truck is garage kept, and looks new except for the dashboard, last week I walked into the garage and notice 5 large cracks on my dashboard to the point that the center part is sinking in somewhat. Dealer said there is no recall and can not help except to order a new one for me at my cost. Truck only has 55,486 miles on it, and protectant has been used on it since I purchased it.

- Midland, TX, USA

May 162004

Ram 1500 6-cyl Diesel

The contact owns a 2001 Dodge Ram. Three years ago, the contact noticed a crack on the dashboard. Currently, the crack has spread so far that the dashboard is completely damaged and coming apart. She took the vehicle to the dealer and they stated that there was a recall ; however, her vehicle was not included. The contact stated that the cruise control sporadically disengages while driving. She further stated that the speed control switch took a long time to activate. The consumer stated broken pieces from the dashboard can injure or kill someone. The powertrain, recall number, and speed were unknown. The failure mileage was 87,000 and current mileage was 140,000. Updated 01/03/08. Updated 12/31/07

- Tavares, FL, USA

Oct 132007

Ram 1500 8-cyl

The dashboard has been constantly cracking and finally a piece of it has caved into the dash. I have heard many other Dodge Ram 1500 of the same year 2001 are having the same issue.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Oct 092007

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

Upper dash panel (part #5gk45lazab) is cracking into sharp pieces and I worry that sensitive electrical components will become exposed or that sharp pieces will fall off and injure occupants. I have already cut myself from these pieces. Please research and advise manufacturer to issue a recall.

- The Colony, TX, USA

Jun 012007

Ram 1500

I own a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 and the dashboard has completely cracked and caved in. The in dash wiring harness is exposed. This truck only has 17,000 miles on it (as of June 2007), the truck is hardly ever driven and is kept in a garage in northern Virginia. The dash, like numerous other Dodge Ram, has fallen apart due to poor manufacturing materials. The dash has to be replaced at a cost of $1200.

- Arlington, VA, USA

Sep 212007

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

I purchased a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500, used, in 2005, with approximately 45,000 miles. There was a small crack in the dash board on the passenger side, located at the base of the front window. The cracks have been growing steadily. Now the entire dash board is cracked with multiple cracks, from the base of the window to the trim surrounding the gauges. I am concerned that the cracks will continue and cause issue with the passenger side air bag. Additionally, I am concerned that the dash will start to break or fall into the wiring under the dash, possibly causing serious damage and or fatalities due to a fire or something. I only have 56,000 miles on the vehicle!

- Fort Huachuca, AZ, USA

Sep 142007

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Dashboard is cracked in the middle of the dashboard, from the windshield to the front of the dashboard. Incident date is date of purchase of used vehicle. Original incident date unknown.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Oct 102005

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Severe cracks on dashboard right over steering wheel and air bag since about two years ago and are getting worse! looks like I am not alone with this problem! why is no one doing anything about this" does there have to be an injury or death to have this addressed? there are 40 or more complaints about this -- hello! why don't you get it"

- San Antonio, TX, USA

May 102005

Ram 1500 8-cyl

I'm an filing this complaint pertaining to my 2001 Dodge Ram, in which the dash fell apart piece by piece on its own.

- Burlington, TX, USA

Jun 242006

Ram 1500 8-cyl

The dashboard in my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 truck is cracking. I am worried about pieces coming off and causing an accident or injury to passengers.

- Edmond, OK, USA

Jul 152007

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

2001 Dodge Ram 1500, the dash is literally crumbling daily. I have 1 very large hole & large cracks all over. The dash had gotten worse every week. I have done nothing to repair this as it is not repairable unless the complete dash is replaced. The hole in the dash reflects a glare as its right in front of the driver.

- Ft Myers, FL, USA

Sep 062007

Ram 1500 8-cyl

My dash is cracking on my truck, I wonder how Dodge would like for me to go on T.V. news and do a story on this defect.

- Iron Station, NC, USA

May 092007

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Numerous cracks and chips on the dash of my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500. I recently watch a news clip on this issue where a lady had her electrical components working improperly and her lights went out when she was driving at night. This could have led to a serious accident. The report attributed the problem to the dash being open to the heat of the sun or a plastic piece may have interrupted the wiring. This seems to be a problem with this vehicle and I would like Dodge to repair or replace this for customers at little or no cost. This is a defect that could cause an accident and they should take responsibility for the defective dash. The news channel was local news 6 out of orlando, fl. Updated 01-14-08. Updated 12/12/07

- Tarpon Springs, FL, USA

Jul 012005

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Dashboard cracked all over and pieces falling out.

- Ft Lauderdale, FL, USA

Jan 152007

Ram 1500

My dashboard had a crack and it has now turned into a huge hole. Why doesn't Dodge doing something about this. I've read hundreds of complaints on this.

- Ventura, CA, USA

May 172006

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

Dash board falling thru on my 2001 Dodge Ram causing shortage in wiring and speakers started about 6 months ago and I have contacted Dodge and they said there was nothing they could do about it, and have learned lately I am not the only one having this problem.

- Apple Springs , TX, USA

Aug 242007

Ram 1500 8-cyl

I found my Dodge Ram 1500 to have a dash crack yesterday out of nowhere, I do not drive much just back roads from home to work and have tinted windows and a sun shield. Heard from a friend about this and made fun of him only to notice I too have cracks.

- Palmetto, FL, USA

Apr 012006

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

I have a cloth cover covering dashboard that was on it when I bought this truck in 12/2005 I have noticed a huge crack and many small cracks running from the passenger window post to the front of the dashboard, this is a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4 X 4. dodger will not fix neither will dealer or extended warranty. I am afraid to let anyone ride in the front seat because if I was to have an accident I am afraid airbags will deploy and they will be cut to shreds with dashboard material because of these broken areas on the dashboard. We as consumers need the help of this place to get this recalled to ensure everyone's safety!

- Waverly, NY, USA

Aug 082007

Ram 1500

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 with cracks in the dash around the area where the passenger airbag would deploy. In investigating repair options for this I have discovered a significant number of owners are experiencing the same problem and Chrysler is ignoring this problem even though notified many times. It is so prevalent that in less that one hour I found 20 cases of the same exact form letter being sent to individuals who had notified Chrysler. Somebody needs to jerk Chrysler back into reality with a significant problem - when the airbag goes off, plastic dash shrapnel flying everywhere is not a good thing!

- Spartanburg, SC, USA