2001 Dodge Ram 1500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 20 of 25)

Jun 082007

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram pick up truck with only 30,000 miles on it an just recently the dashboard starting cracking, small cracks at first but now progressed to a point where it may be unsafe to drive.

- Bensalem, PA, USA

Apr 012006

Ram 1500

2001 Dodge Ram dashboard caved in. Have no dash left.

- Greenville, SC, USA

Aug 032007

Ram 1500 8-cyl

I own a 2001 Dodge Ram that the top of the dashboard is cracking badly. I have heard of several others with the same problem. I asked my local dealer and they said that Dodge would not repair as a recall. Also a new dashboard is around $330. I have also heard that it will get worse and collapse. If there are several thousand complaints why won't they recall them?

- Booneville , MS, USA

Aug 022007

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Dash is cracking on passenger side of vehicle. It starts from the window down to the airbag. This is a problem most 2001 Ram are having and it is a safety issue.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jul 142006

Ram 1500 8-cyl

The dashboard on our 2001 Dodge 1500 truck cracked. I have never bought a vehicle brand new and had the dashboard crack. The truck is well taken care of. I know someone else who bought a used 1999 Dodge 1500 and the dashboard on that truck was terrible. There was a huge hole in it. I would worry about buying another Dodge because of this issue.

- Metairie, LA, USA

Jul 242007

Ram 1500

My 2001 Dodge dash board cracked and collapsed into a 4 by 8 inch hole. I have since been having problems with my headlights.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jul 012007

Ram 1500 8-cyl

I am repeat Dodge customer. However, I have recently become concerned about my Dodge Ram 1500. The dashboard has cracked and is now currently falling through in several laces. Immediately above the steering column a large chunk of about six inches wide and 8 inches long fell through the dashboard, through the electrical wiring and onto the accelerator pedal. This sharp piece could have caused an injury had I not been wearing work boots. As my daughters have on occasion driven this vehicle I have become concerned for their safety due to the potential of electrical wiring damage and/or airbag deployment problems. I urge someone to push for a recall before sharp items disfigured someone in an accident or a fire is initiated due to nicked wires. My confidence in Dodge has truly diminished due to their disregard nd unconcern on this matter.

- Dawson, GA, USA

Jul 062007

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

I am complaining about my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 pickup truck in reference to the numerous cracks in my dashboard. I agree with many other Chrysler owners that there should be a recall on the issue at no cost to the vehicle owners.

- Cocoa, FL, USA

Jul 172007

Ram 1500

The dashboar D is cracked in several places, and also a few places have caved in. There are some electrical problems with dashboar D also.

- Sweetwater, TX, USA

Jan 282004

Ram 1500 8-cyl

As Dodge knows the gen 2 Ram have a major problem with dashes cracking or caving in, this could cause lots of problems.

- Columbus, GA, USA

Jul 042007

Ram 1500 8-cyl

The 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 pick up dashboard is cracking.

- Cotulla, TX, USA

Apr 302004

Ram 1500

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 dash board falling apart. Plastic dash is in shambles. Called Dodge, said nothing they could do about it.

- Greenville, SC, USA

Feb 102007

Ram 1500 8-cyl

I bought a new Dodge Ram 1500 truck in 2000. The truck has app. 60,000 miles, well cared for, and looks new. About a month ago I noticed a huge crack in dashboard on top of passenger air bag.now the crack has spread all over to th driver side. Large parts of dashboard are falling down inside leaving huge holes above the electrical and the air bags.I am worried about the air bags going off and electrical falure. This is not a cosmetic issue, it is a safty issue.I contacted crysler and they said since I was the original owner and had service on the truck at my local Dodge dealer they would look at the problem at my expense, and if they found that it wasn't my fault they would pay for half of the parts and labor to repair.I have paid for this truck once and I'm not paying for it again, not even half.this is a safty issue and a defect by Dodge and needs to be replaced by Dodge, not the customer.this should be a recall !

- Ft. Worth, TX, USA

Apr 012007

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

The dashboard all of a sudden cracked like crazy. And now I read all 2001 Dodge Ram trucks are doing this.

- Dayton, OH, USA

May 132007

Ram 1500 8-cyl

The 2001 Dodge Ram pickup truck has a dashboard that is mysteriously cracking and collapsing.

- Costa Mesa, CA, USA

Jul 012003

Ram 1500 8-cyl

I own a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 pick up and the dashboard started cracking in 2003, and continued to crack all over the dashboard to this date.

- Miami, FL, USA

Apr 162005

Ram 1500 8-cyl

I would officially like to file a complaint regarding the cracking of the dashboard and fading paint the 2001 Dodge Ram with only 32,800 miles. This happened right after the warranty expired, and I felt this to be a manufacturer's defect, and the Dodge dealer will not repair it.

- Miami, FL, USA

May 142007

Ram 1500 8-cyl

2001 Dodge truck dash board cracking, (nationwide.) local new median notified public to problem with 2001 Dodge truck, which can cause electrical shortage & operational problem while driving during daytime & nighttime. Can cause accident & injury to self or other's. the manufacturer company nor dealer are taking the responsibility of fixing the problem, which is very costly to the consumer.

- Deltona, FL, USA

May 142007

Ram 1500 8-cyl

2001 Dodge dash board cracking (nation wide) local new median notified public of problem's with 2001 Dodge truck. Which can cause electrical & operational usage while driving. Can cause severe accident's & injury to other's.

- Deltona, FL, USA

Jun 072007

Ram 1500

I am the owner of a Dodge Ram 1500 pickup year 2001. About 6-9 mos ago I noticed a crack inthe dashboard going the width of the dash about midway across the dash. I heard a report on the news about problems with the 01 Dodge pickup dashes cracking and causing problems such as electrical or headlight problems. I have noticed a second crack staring and am concerned regarding the safety especially since I use my vehicle for work.

- Ocala, FL, USA