2001 Dodge Ram 1500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 8 of 25)

Nov 112009

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500. While the vehicle was parked, the contact observed the dashboard sustained cracks. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the technician advised the owner would be responsible for the service repair cost. The failure mileage was 80,000. The current mileage was 100,000.

- Riverview, FL, USA

Apr 162010

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Dash in 2001 Dodge 1500 it is cracking falling apart safety hazard should be recall we will have no dash my friend has one too his hole dash is almost gone.

- Riverview , FL, USA

Jun 152003

Ram 1500

I own a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 truck. Several years ago the dashboard started cracking and caving in. Right now there is a massive hole with sharp pieces that continually break off and pose a danger everytime I need to reach on the dash. My wiring is exposed and starting to cause problems. This is a defect from Dodge and I need to have it fixed before an injury to myself or my family occurs.

- Summerfield, FL, USA

Apr 012006

Ram 1500 8-cyl

When are you folks going to do something about this hazard" are you just waiting for someone to get hurt?" it is irresposnsible to continue to neglect this. You have 802 complaints on this vehicle and most are the following issue!!Dodge Ram dashboard manufacturer defect; falling apart creating a serious safety hazard in numerous ways. Updated 04/12/10

- Humble, TX, USA

Jan 012005

Ram 1500 8-cyl

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500. The dashboard is cracked and busted. I do not want a Dodge replacement. It will just do it again. I found one for 300 dollars from All I want from Dodge is the 300 dollars to order the dash.

- Waxhaw, NC, USA

Jun 012003

Ram 1500 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500. When the vehicle was parked, the contact observed that the instrument panel sustained severe cracking throughout the surface. There was an extremely large crack on the front driver side near the air bag. The most severe cracks began to peel. The contact was concerned about the potential safety hazard. The failure mileage was 40,000. The current mileage was 80,000. Updated 05/10/10 updated 07/16/10 updated 09/20/10

- Dallas, GA, USA

Aug 142009

Ram 1500

My dash board began cracking and falling apart. Finally, just caved in when heater core was being replaced. I cut myself and nearly burnt myself by the heater core trying to get the pieces out. This is a major hazard!!

- Loganville, GA, USA

Mar 012010

Ram 1500

We own a 2001 Dodge Ram club cab. My husband bought this truck used but in great condition February 2006. When purchased it had a tiny crack in the dash up near the windshield nothing worth making a big deal of. Over the last four years so many cracks have appeared you cant tell it used to be one piece! one time I was driving and heard a noise, turning off the radio and stopping the truck I looked up to find the dash literally breaking apart before my eyes. These cracks are the entire width of the truck. Driver side to passenger side. Dodge needs to take responsibility for their product. Since when are they exempt from having to own up to their failures. It is a shame that they are ruining their own name by turning their heads to this obvious problem. They make some great trucks, so why would they want to ruin their own reputation by not taking care of this?

- Eugene, OR, USA

Nov 012005

Ram 1500 8-cyl

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500, when it was only 4 years old the dash started cracking. Since then, the entire top of the dash is collapsed and cracks are appearing in the frame as well as the lower dash. Shards of plastic from the dash went into the blower for the a\C and came out of the vents. If I didn't wear glasses anyway the shards could have damaged my eyes. I had to replace the fan's squirrel cage due to the damage from pieces of dash. Since then the glove compartment fell out of the lower dash and landed on my sons foot. No serious injury but cuts and a bruise. Dodge needs to step up to the plate and fix these instead of pretending that this is not a problem. I love my truck but if they don't fix this issue, next time I'll buy a Ford.

- Seffner, FL, USA

Jan 162004

Ram 1500

Dashboard severely cracked creating a hazardous situation. Pieces become dislodged with windows open and become missiles blown by the wind.

- Supply , NC, USA

Mar 152009

Ram 1500

I own a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500, and the dashboard is completely falling apart from cracking. I have had erratic electric problems, which is probably due to wires being severed or frayed by dash pieces, and my biggest fear is the passenger airbags. Who is to say that the airbag isn't damaged, either from sharp dash pieces or sun exposure? this is a safety issue!

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jun 152009

Ram 1500 8-cyl

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 sport model. The dashboard began to crack last summer. It only has 83,000 miles on it and I keep it under a garage. I believe it will continue to crack until it falls in. I am afraid this could lead to serious safety problems. There are many people having the same problem. At this time Dodge will not do anything to help. I believe this is a design problem.

- Henderson, NC, USA

Oct 202009

Ram 1500

I bought a used 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 ext. Cab 1/2 ton pick-up truck in December of 2008 and my dash boards had no cracks in it at that time, but my dash board is now cracking and collapsing. As far as I know Dodge does not have a recall at this time. But there is alot of problems with the dash boards cracking and collapsing onto the electrical wiring causing shorts. From either exposure to sun light or the parts of the dash boards falling onto the electrical components is causing problems due to inferior products being used to make the dash boards. Is there anyway to make Dodge fix this problem?

- Crumpler, ND, USA

Dec 212009

Ram 1500

2001 Dodge 1500 slt broken dash !@#$% near cut my wrist open from the dash.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Dec 052009

Ram 1500

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 dash cracked!

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jun 182007

Ram 1500

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 pick up truck that I bought new. I started to have cracks appear in the dash. I reported it to the dealer while the truck was still under the factory extended warranty. They listed it as follows, customer states crack in dash, verified concern, found faulty dash pad, $665+tax to replace, customer declined at this time. This was in July of 06, now in January of 2010 I have big holes in the dash and cracks are spreading to gauges.

- Fleetwood, PA, USA

Jul 152005

Ram 1500

2001 Dodge Ram dash parts fall out that are sharp and my cause problem with internal dash components or hurt someone riding in the vehicle. The pieces fall out about everytime I drive the truck. I have a 5 year old son that I cannot let ride in the truck because of the fear of airbag failure or him touching the dash and getting cut by sharp edges from pieces that have cracked out. Nothing has been done to fix this problem by me or dealer. I feel this is a factory defect and they should be made accountable for its only the right thing to do...

- Vinton , VA, USA

Jan 062010

Ram 1500

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram the dashboard is falling apart there is a defect in the pigment used to make this and other years plastics researching a lot I noticed this is a major problem!!!!!for alot of people this matter needs immediate attention when I hit a bump its like its going to shatter like glass wont be good driving down road and getting plastic shards in mine and passengers eyes!!!!

- S.O.Plainfield, NJ, USA

Feb 122008

Ram 1500

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram and the dash board is cracking and caving in on the whole dash leaving big holes near the cluster there are jagged pieces falling in behind the dash board hitting wires they want $460 for dash and 500 to install this is a safety issue and should be fixed buy Dodge at no charge this is definitely a big safety issue and with all that gov money the got they need to repair the past with some of it mine will have to be replaced.

- Oaklandpark , FL, USA

Sep 012008

Ram 1500

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 dash cracking really bad my truck has less than 60,000 miles on the clock and is garaged.

- Kuttawa, KY, USA