9.0

1. replace the proportioning valve (1 reports)
  2. replaced front brake lines now rear brake lines (1 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Jul 012010

Ram 1500 Sl 4x4 318

Last year about this time and again this year. My brake lines rust and broke.last year the front four lines were replaced and this year so far the two main lines rusted through.Each time leaving me without brakes to drive. This seems to be a regular problem. Dealer parts are out ragingly out of site.

- , Saint John, IN, USA

Mar 122008

Ram 1500 SLT Laramie 5.9L V8

Brake pedal began to go to the floor, but was not constant. I kept driving, but added brake fluid about every two weeks, one night as I was driving home the ABS/Brake light came on and I knew something was wrong and it wasn't minor. I noticed some brake fluid on the wheel well, I did a little searching and found a leak on the bottom of a silver object known as the proportioning valve. I brought it to the shop and had it replaced which fixed the problem. I had the same issue on a 95 dodge Dakota. Thankfully it was not the master cylinder.

- , Zeeland, MI, USA