8.5

1. install new waterpump (3 reports)
  2. replaced (1 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Mar 202009

Ram 1500 Laramie SLT 5.9L

Everyone I know that owns a 1994-2001 Dodge has had to replace their water pump. Dodge needs to start using better quality parts!

- , Franklin, NC, USA

May 152007

Ram 1500 SLT 3.9L V8

As I was driving home from work one afternoon (it's about 20 miles without a single house between towns), my truck started to make a weird squealing sound. As I was trying to pull over on the side of the road, my truck shut itself off and the power steering went. Thankfully, I was able to get to the side of the road unharmed. The water pump completely fell off, and was only hanging from the truck by the belts. My husband and I own a registered repair shop, so my truck is obviously well-maintained. This happened totally without warning. I was lucky that I was driving on a rural road. Had I been on a highway at 65 miles per hour, I would probably have been in an accident!

- , North Creek, NY 12853, USA

Jan 012008

Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 5.9L V8

PISS ON DODGE YOU CANT AFFORD EM! SPOKEN FROM A FORMER DODGE LOVER!!!!!!!!! I HAVE ALWAYS TALKED CRAP ABOUT CHEVY BUT IM GONNA BUY ONE ,OR A FORD OR A BICYCLE LEAST IT WOULD BE MORE RELIABLE!

- , Lake Worth, TX, USA

Jul 082007

Ram 1500 1500 3.9L

So far I'm happy with my 2001 Dodge RAM 1500, 3.9L. The only problem occurred at 30K miles. The waterpump started leaking. Fortunately, the vehicle was under full warranty, and no cost to me to fix.

- , Ingleside, TX, USA