6.0

1. actuator/fork replacement, or new inner axle (1 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Jan 072009

Ram 1500 SLT Laramie 5.9L V8

Truck was slow to ship into 4H, so I brought it in to have it checked over, first, the u-joints were shot, no big deal. Then they said that it might be the fork or actuator that is shot, so I figured that wouldn't be a big deal, turns out that those were fine, instead the whole main inner axle needed to be replaced because the 4 wheel drive system was not engaged properly. I always shifted it into 4 wheel when I was stopped just because I didn't want to chance it, looks like that didn't make a difference. I'm ready to move into a newer vehicle, I've put in over $2400 in less than a year into this thing, it's costing more to repair than it does to put gas in it.

- , Zeeland, MI, USA