7.1

$1,342.00

1. rebuilt rear end (7 reports)
  3. we replaced with a used rear-end (1 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Mar 202013

Ram 1500

I will never bye another Doge again. Called a dealer he said "oh your lucky it lasted that long". Doge should of had a recall on this truck. Stander-ed to go out at 90 to 100,000 miles that is BS.shame on them ,what a rip off.Its never even been off road. My wife's Chev has 167,000 miles is a 2002 and never had anything wrong with it. This truck is a money pit!

- , Valier, MT, USA

Dec 102010

Ram 1500 v8

WE GOT THE DODGE IN 2005 AT THE TIME IT HAD 47259 MILES ON IT. YOU CAN SEE IN THE LAST 5 1/2 YEARS WE HAVE NOT PUT THAT MANY MILES ON IT, IT HAS LESS THAN 80000 MILES NOW. WE KEEP THE MAINTENANCE UP TO DATE. WE ARE IN OUR 60'S, SO THERE HAS NOT BEEN ANY 4 WHEELING, JUST SHORT TRIPS TO THE STORE, DR. TO VISIT FAMILY.i SAW WHERE OTHER PEOPLE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE REAR END. I THINK DODGE SHOULD BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS AND PUT OUT A RECALL AND FIX THE REAR-ENDS.

Update from Dec 15, 2010: It cost almost $2000.00 to fix the truck.

- , Nemours, WV, USA

Jun 232010

Ram 1500 SLE 5.9L

I thought NEW PROCESS differentials were the best Well shame on me

- , Fountain, FL, USA

Feb 102009

Ram 1500 sport 360

3 rear ends it crap out on I-95 almost cause a bad accident but limp it off the road

- , Girardville, pa, USA

Jun 122009

Ram 1500 Sport 318

i will never buy another damn dodge i have replaced the rear end twice and its making a roaring noise in the rear end again. i could see it tearing up if i hauled alot on it, or was ruff on the truck but im not.and the rear end has locked up on me and my little boy while going about 35 mph, the pinion gear fell down against the ring gear and locked it up.i think as many problems as there is on this damn trucks dodge should at least replace the 4:11 rear ends.

- , Meadow, Bridge, USA

Apr 022009

Ram 1500 Sport 5.9L

I am writing this letter because ,my 2001 dodge ram 1/2 ton 4x4 sport rearend has gone out for no reason at all.I have only used it to pull a trailer one time and that is it.The trailer had my friends truck on it and I only went about 6 miles in town with it,nothing major.I was going to Illinois this past month and started hearing a loud moan coming from the rear and so I put it in the shop only to find out that my spider gears and end gears are sloppy.I was told that the cross pin was very bad in this particular vehicle around the nation but was never told anything about it when I bought this truck.I am not sure when I will be able to fix it now wih the economy like it is.

- , Hollister, MO, USA

May 082008

Ram 1500 Sport 4.7L

The Rear end makes a lot of noise when ever there is drive pressure on the rear end. When ever you have back pressure on the rear end it is quiet. It is full of oil and has no leaks. The humming noise sounds like and straight cut gearbox with now oil in it.

Any commits are very welcome.

Jonas

- , Centerville, IA, USA

Aug 302007

Ram 1500 Laremie 5.2L V8

Of course what better time of day for this to happen than at 11:00 at night when trying to locate a tow truck at that hour.

It was quite a bit of a scare when your rear end locks up and you come to a screeching halt.

I was just glad I didn't have my kids with me at the time.

- , Ellington, CT, USA

Mar 072008

Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 5.9L V8

PISS ON DODGE YOU CANT AFFORD EM! SPOKEN FROM A FORMER DODGE LOVER!!!!!!!!! I HAVE ALWAYS TALKED CRAP ABOUT CHEVY BUT IM GONNA BUY ONE ,OR A FORD OR A BICYCLE LEAST IT WOULD BE MORE RELIABLE!

- , Lake Worth, TX, USA