2001 Dodge Ram 1500 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Aug 012012

Ram 1500 5.7L V8

When you first put the truck in drive it acts like it doesn't want to move. The engine races then it finally goes. I had the transmission checked. Don't go up a slight hill because the engine races bad. When you're at a stop light waiting for it to change it feels as if someone rear-ended you, then it takes it awhile to go into gear again. I called Chrysler because there's a recall on the Ram trucks with the rear end locking up, but since mine is so old I'm on my own. My dad always said to never buy a foreign truck when he was alive and I've always been a loyal Dodge Truck woman. I'm really pissed off that Chysler won't even foot some of this repair. If I get into a accident because the truck won't move Chysler will sure have a lawsuit on their hands. I just started a temp. job after being laid off and don't have $1,000.00 laying around to fix it. This is my only means of transportation to get to and from work. No buses run where I work. As soon as I can get my credit straight, I'm planning on buying another truck. Maybe I need to try Ford. I have 141,000 miles on it and for the price I paid for it brand new, I should at least get 200.000 out of it. My nephew calls it the D** Dodge and I'm beginning to agree with him.

- , St. Paul, MN, USA