7.0

1. replace coil spring. broke completely off (1 reports)
  2. replacement spring mounts (1 reports)
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Ram 1500:

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Feb 042012

Ram 1500 Laramie Slt 6.O

Rear spring mounts are actually rusting apart. Not just the surface, but splitting and flaking apart, like the cheap steel stuff we get from China. Definitely not the right kind of steel for this service. Will have to replace soon as is a safety hazard. If it fractures, the truck could lose control. I have never seen this problem before on a vehicle.

- , Hendersonville, Select State, USA

Apr 192010

Ram 1500 Maxium 5.2lV8

What really bothers me is why this coil spring would break. I'am 65 years old, I do not go off roading. I have replace the ball joints twice. I know longer feel Dodge is making quality vehicles. What happened to taking pride in to your products. Will be having this part tested for metal defects. The auto industry doesn't any help in being bailout if they can't produce quality products.

- , Tecumseh, MI, USA