5.3

1. replace condenser fan (3 reports)
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Nov 132007

Ram 1500 4x4 5.9L V8

Check engine light came on, took it into the dealership. There was a blown fuse and said it might be because of a faulty a/c fan. If the light came on again because of the same blown fuse, then it would definitely be because of the a/c fan. The light came on again....

- , Del Rio, TX, USA

Feb 242007

Ram 1500 ST 4.7L

While I was on deployment in Iraq i received an email from a friend of mine that was looking after my truck and he said that my Check Engine light was on. When I returned to the states, i took it the dealership from where I purchased the truck. I had the codes checked from the diagnostics equipment ($65.00 fee). They told me that the condenser fan and wiring was bad. I had bought a extended warranty on the truck when I bought it. But my luck the warranty did not cover it. $385.72 was the cost of the total replacement of what was diagnosed. Luckily that is the only problem that I have experienced with my Dodge.

- , Cherry Point, NC, USA

Sep 252006

Ram 1500

I took my truck in because the engine light came on and to have the brakes checked, when they called with the bad news. They told me the reason for the engine light was the condenser fan $385, the front brakes needed pads and rotors $287, the rears $185 pads and turn rotors and then the leaky rack and pinion $865-$900 transmission fluid change $119 beat that!

- , Canton, MI, USA