CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 has the well-known and documented problem with their dashboards falling to pieces, but it also has engine failure from oil sludge. That's a doube shot of awful in your morning coffee.

8.2

1. Dodge should recall the dashboard (safety issue) (269 reports)
  3. replace dashboard (90 reports)
  4. class action lawsuit against Dodge for inferior dashboards (14 reports)
  5. bought an aftermarket dash replacement (2 reports)
  6. dashboard, vents, radio replacement (1 reports)
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 25 of 25)

Jun 272007

Ram 1500 Sport 4.7L V8

Terrible cracking in dash that started after 2 years of ownership. Not covered under warranty. Approximately $1500 to replace. Although happy with truck overall, no excuse for such a crappy dash design/make.

- , Jax Bch, FL, USA

Aug 022007

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

I had my truck parked at work and when I came out to go home on 8/1/07 I had 3 cracks in my dash. what the hell? There should be a recall. Doesn't this cause a problem with my air bag?This is a safety hazard !

- , Revere, MA, USA

Jul 282007

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

We use our Dodge RAM 1500 to pull our horse trailer and over the past few months the dashboard has developed several cracks and the defroster vent holes have disintegrated. Ar first it didn't bother me but now the entire dash is disintegrating. I will be seeing our dealer next week to see what they will do, but from what I see on the Web it may be a wasted trip. If Dodge doesn't step up they will loose my business and I will certainly share this will every one.

- , Carrsville, VA, USA

May 012007

Ram 1500 STL 318

I have about 6 large cracks in my dashboard. I have not been in any type of accident to cause this.

Update from Apr 20, 2012: Still have not heard anything regarding this.

- , Leesburg, FL, USA

Apr 222007

Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.9L V8

Cracked dash from windsheild to glove box. dash is so bad if Dodge don't fix it, the dash will be on floor.

- , Atlantic Beach, FL, USA

Mar 032007

Ram 1500 LX 5.9L V8

Around 65,000 miles the dashboard started cracking from the windshield all the way to the front. There were 6 cracks within a 6 month period and the dealer said it was out of warranty. Dealer wanted 1200 bucks to repair- I TOLD THEM THAT I HAD PURCHASED MY LAST CHRYSLER PRODUCT. I don't believe they really cared. My truck has been well taken care of and this is obviously a manufacturing defect but they will do nothing about it. Screw Chrysler!

- , Lugoff, SC, USA