Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2002 has the well-known and documented problem with their dashboards falling to pieces, but it also has engine failure from oil sludge. That's a doube shot of awful in your morning coffee.

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 cooling system problems

cooling system problem

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Dec 102006

Ram 1500 8-cyl

My engine light come on about two weeks ago. Hooked it up to a car reader and the code is a 1491. Which means radiator fan control relay circuit. I called the Dodge dealer here in enumclaw Washington and they told me $500 to fix. So I called my mechanic at cascade automotive in enumclaw and he explained to me the situation. If I replace only the relay if may be enough but the $500 cost the dealer is charging is because of the wiring harness burning up and cause a fatal situation. My mechanic has seen a number of these through his shop. This needs to be addressed by Dodge Corp. And paid for by them.

- Buckley, WA, USA

Oct 152005

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

Ses light is on.scan test code 1491. Radiator fan control circuit.

- Davison, MI, USA