Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2002 has the well-known and documented problem with their dashboards falling to pieces, but it also has engine failure from oil sludge. That's a doube shot of awful in your morning coffee.

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 lights problems

lights problem

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 152007

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Intermittent lamp failures internally, lamp out circuit malfunctioning, rear differential failed (approaching the second failure in 40,000 miles), rear universal joint has failed twice, with a third replacement to occur soon, transmission failures. Any one of these systems failing while on the road could cause a serious safety issue, for myself, my passengers, and other drivers. So far, it has been in and out of the shop, old parts are no longer available, however if required I will retain them next time they fail. I've contacted Dodge, the first reply was a "spam mail" of coupons for oil changes, and tire rotations (the message I sent them was professional and extensive to the issues I was having), after copying the message again the next day, a representative told me that there is nothing they can do about it. I've retained the message if any parties are interested.

- Mokena, IL, USA

Jul 212006

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

Our Dodge Ram 1500 was working fine one day the next day the headlights, turn signals, and brake lights were not functioning. We checked fuses and anything else obvious. The next day we took it to a mechanic, after half a day of checking he found that the fuse and relay center which is located under the hood was corroded. This box is not air tight and allows water to get inside and corrode the insides. I believe this is a design defect and should be recalled for it is very dangerous to drive this way. The truck is a 2002 and is no longer under warranty but I think this is beside the point. My husbands business partner has the same truck only a 2003 and after hearing about the problem he popped the hood of his truck and found the very same thing was happening. When contacting Dodge they told us there is nothing they can do. I don't believe this is true I believe they must recall this part. It is dangerous driving without headlights, brake lights, and turn signals and we have been unable to even get the part to have it fixed. I wonder how many other owners have this problem.

- Howell, MI, USA