Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2002 has the well-known and documented problem with their dashboards falling to pieces, but it also has engine failure from oil sludge. That's a doube shot of awful in your morning coffee.

1. $10,000 worth of repairs (1 reports)
  2. replace wheel hub (1 reports)
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Aug 062011

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L

I dont understand how you can justify selling a vehicle with a such an essential faulty part. I had my kids in the truck. We exited the freeway made a right then a left turn when the whole right side of the truck dipped. I hti the breaks and immediately parked. Thank God I was only doing 15mph in a residential area at the time or we all could have died. One would think Dodge would make the part a solid, machined, one piece assembly given the weight of the vehicle but, no, its a welded two piece, piece-of-crap. I have owned other dodge trucks and cars, hell, since 1998 its been the only vehicle I would purchse. They made a solid product but what ever they did in the 2001-2004 production years has really got me guessing.

- , Santee, CA, USA

Oct 182003

Ram 1500 LX

wheel clicking, something came off causing the truck to dart to the left hitting another truck totaling the other truck and doing $10,000 worth of damage to my truck. Most of the wheel components are cast aluminum. Cast aluminum is brittle. by trying to cut down on weight and expense, I feel that Dodge compromised mine and the publics safety

- , Camden, TN, USA