1. enough complaints to dodge will get a recall-1-800-992-1997 (222 reports)
  2. replace dashboard (116 reports)
  4. replace dash (15 reports)
  5. band together class action suit- imply fit/merchantability (13 reports)
  6. call 1-866-726-4636 (Dodge) & 1-888-327-4236 (NHTSA) (13 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 10 of 25)

Aug 232012

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

I heard a loud pop a few weeks ago in my dash, and immediately started looking for what caused it. I then noticed about an 8 to 10 inch crack in the dash above the glove box. I was driving down a smooth road, and it just popped out of nowhere. I was surprised to see this is such a common problem. Dodge really should do something!!

- , Hernando, MS, USA

Jan 022008

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

I'm a chrysler employee and very disappointed in our quality in this part. The truck looks great, all but this. I own 7 dodge cars but hard for me to sell our product if this what we put out there.

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jun 012010

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

Seems to be an inherent problem. Should be a recall and fixed!!!

- , Royal Palm Beach, FL, USA

Aug 272012

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

From the heater not working half the time, changing bulbs all the time.. now my dash is cracking ... I WILL NEVER BUY A DODGE ANYTHING EVER AGAIN.. my wife owns a 1999 nissan & never anything going wrong with that car....

- , Murfreesboro, TN, USA

Aug 012010

Ram 1500 Hemi

I noticed my dash starting to get cracks in it at about 130000 miles. I now have 170000 on the vehicle and it is broken in at least 7 places with more cracks starting. I take very good care of my cars and trucks and people tell me how good my truck looks for being almost 10 years old. That is until they see the dash. It wasn't until I talked with a co-worker about my truck that he told me he had the same problem happen to his truck and dodge refused to fix his either. He told dodge that they lost a customer. This is my 4th dodge truck and I have never had anything happen like this with any of them. If dodge doesn't stand behind their products when it is an obvious defect then they may have lost another customer.

- , Murray, KY, USA

Mar 012012

Ram 1500 SLT Hemi 5.7L

I bought this truck New & take very good care of it. the crack makes the truck look like sh*t.!!!! i think Dodge should fix all the cracked dashes. I always bring my truck to the dealership to have the oil changed..My son owns an Ifinty, is dash bubbled with 4 bubbles on it, they replaced it for free! Used car. Step up Dodge & get it fixed please!!!!!!!!!!

- , Fort Worth, TX, USA

Sep 012007

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L Hemi

Please join this group and keep reminding dodge they owe us a new dash!

- , Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Aug 072012

Ram 1500 Q

Bought my Dodge Ram Quad Cab new in 2003 and yes it now has ALOT of miles on it, but it still looks brand new on the inside EXCEPT for the DASH! About 6 months ago, I noticed hairline fractures around my heater vents and now the dash has cracks all over it! Not just small cracks either but HUGE ones! I have taken very good care of my truck, and was very pleased until this happened. It looks like a giant spiderweb.. I am so disgusted by the looks of it. I take pride in the care I've taken of it, and up until the dash cracking, anyone who rode with me was surprised that it was an 03 as it still looked new! Now it looks like a piece of crap. Dodge needs to make this right. I could buy a dash cover, but I shouldn't have to. Dodge should handle the repairs as I noticed after mine started that this was a common problem. I love my dodge and when I get ready to buy a new one had planned on getting another dodge, but now I am not so sure that I will want to take the chance of the dash doing this again. Maybe its time to look at Chevy's. Just completely disgusted with Dodge right now!

- , Grannis, AR, USA

Jun 012011

Ram 1500 Laramie 4.7L

This is just unbelievable! My dashboard has literally just falling apart. In June of 2011 there were 3 linear cracks about 6 in long across the vents. It's now June of 2012, a year later, and my dashboard has 12 cracks that have totally separated the dash board and is completely disintegrated. The dashboard has broken and falling into the vents and every time I turn the air conditioning on...I get plastic blowing all over the windshield and today I have had it. I had a piece hit me in the eye while driving. This is unacceptable! I have owned 3 dodge pickups, 3 Durango's, and 2 dodge caravan and I have never seen the workmanship and quality of Dodge products ever fall apart like what has happened to my RAM 1500. Come on Dodge step up and make this right...I have purchased and leased well over $195k in vehicles...TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS!!! Your lucky I didn't sustain an eye injury today, but it made me concerned enough to file the complaint. do not let this go unnoticed because I'm bringing it to your attention.

- , Highlands Ranch, CO, USA

Jan 012010

Ram 1500 5.9L V8

Wow what can I say? I bought the truck in 08 I noticed the cracked and broken dash board around the speaker and vent openings. Those cracks then turned into bits and pieces falling into and blowing out of the dashboard vents. My dashboard now looks like a jigsaw puzzle and I am embarrassed to say I am still paying for it. I was made aware that dodge new of the problem and did not recall or attempt to take care of the issue or their customers. I will keep driving this extremely poor advertisement for Dodge and explain to people how Dodge did not back up their customer or their product. I believe that nice vehicles speak about the company that manufactures them. Only Dodge can change the public's opinion on the company's reputation.

- , Hobbs, NM, USA

Dec 072008

Ram 1500 4.7L

- , Baytown, TX, USA

Mar 182011

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

well is good to know that i am not alone with this problem , my dashboard looks very bad

- , Hawaiian Gardens, CA, USA

Jan 012012

Ram 1500 LT 5.7L

The dashboard is cracked badly. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I got in the truck the other day and my vent over the speaker has imploded. Not to mention the multiple cracks I have all over the place. Mine have occurred on places on the dash.

- , Elk Grove, CA, USA

Jul 012010

Ram 1500 Single X V6

I really love my truck. But the dash is totally unacceptable the way in which it has deteriorated. There is a whole in the center that has broken thru. There are several cracks that go all the way to the dash. It is disgusting that Dodge would use such substandard materials in their products. If I had known this before buying this truck I probably would have bought a foreign made truck instead. I have researched this problem online and there are many many others with the same problem. You would think that Dodge would stand behind their products when they see that there is clearly a problem with them.

- , Mobile, AL, USA

Aug 092011

Ram 1500 LS 4.7L

This is the worst dash i have ever seen in any auto. This truck has only 84000 miles on it, if this is the type of products dodge put out makes you wonder how long the rest of the truck will last. I also lost the rear differential at 74000 miles which was lucky it was still under warranty. Had problem with emissions on this truck also replace every part that could be replaced and it still has check engine light on all the time.

Update from Jun 20, 2012: The rear end still howls all the time and the dealer says that is normal

- , Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jul 012011

Ram 1500 Hemi

Always felt a cracked dash in a car was a sure sign of owner-neglect. I take extremely good care of my vehicles. They are stored in a garage and washed regularly. I have owned several cars for longer periods of time and NEVER had a dash crack. I found that there were many people having similar issues when I was searching for a replacement online. This is a really good truck and it is a shame that Dodge wouldn't offer to fix an obvious defect like this.

- , Cypress, TX, USA

Sep 142006

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

Wow, can't believe everyone is having the same problem with their dashboard. Thought I was the only one until I found this website. I thought maybe living in AZ contributed to the crack, but after seeing the pictures and descriptions of where the cracks have been, I realize it was a defect. Mine is in the same spot, but I refuse to buy a replacement only for it to crack again. After reading through many of the complaints on here, it doesn't seem like Dodge is taking action for their consumers. I find it pretty ridiculous that Dodge has not already done a recall for this issue. I don't believe the consumers should have to pay for this defect. WHAT DO WE GOT TO DO TO GET THIS ISSUE RESOLVED, COME ON DODGE!!! WILL A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT GET YOUR ATTENTION?? There is definitely enough complaints on here to start one. If anyone has already jumpe on the bandwagon please let me know.

- , Glendale, AZ, USA

Jan 162012

Ram 1500 LX 4.7L

The best truck I have ever owned ,except for this sh*tty dash that has another crack every time you turn around. Would be willing to install a new dash myself if it was any better than the old one and it was shipped to me free. I think the subcontractors that made the dash should be responsible. Wallace

- , Loxley, AL, USA

Aug 072009

Ram 1500

There was never enough media coverage. Local television will never get this corrected by all affected. There are so many out there that do not even know that it was defective in the first place. 60 Minutes, not local should help. Just because you have mileage and it is out of warranty is no reason for Dodge to not step up and do something positive out of a negative situation. Speak up, this is not right. No matter what is said this is a safety hazard. Sharp edges, what if someone does have a wreck and it has affected the air bags.

What if someone has a wreck and alot of bodily damage could have been prevented if someone had only spoken up. I am not concerned about the cosmetics of the vehicle, it is a hazard and yes, an eye sore as well.

- , Waco, TX, USA

Apr 082012

Ram 1500 5.7L

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi dashboard has severe crack in it and from online research appears to be a manufacturer defect. Why has this not been recalled by Dodge?

- , Florence, SC, USA