7.9

1. enough complaints to dodge will get a recall-1-800-992-1997 (224 reports)
  2. replace dashboard (121 reports)
  4. replace dash (15 reports)
  5. band together class action suit- imply fit/merchantability (13 reports)
  6. call 1-866-726-4636 (Dodge) & 1-888-327-4236 (NHTSA) (13 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 10 of 26)

Nov 012010

Ram 1500

When the first crack appeared a few years ago I blamed my son who had used it a few times to go to school. I know that my son would have accepted blame if he had done it but said he did not. Then I thought the car wash was responsible since I go about every 10 days to get it washed. But as time has gone by it has gotten progressively worse. There are several big cracks and now the vent holes on the top have fallen into the dash. Wow what a class act for Dodge to not accept responsibility for this crappy, cheaply made eyesore. I definitely will NEVER buy another dodge product ever again. Since this is just cosmetic I won't go into all the other disappointing problems this beast has since dodge didn't accept responsibility for them either.

- , St Rose, LA, USA

Apr 282006

Ram 1500 3.7L V6

The dash on my 2003 Dodge RAM 1500 began to crack within 3 years of driving the truck. I use a windshield shade when parking, and the dash shows no discoloration. Originally the crack formed near the glove box, now many smaller cracks have formed. I recently went over a bump and the driver's side vent near the windshield disintegrated. I was proud to own a Dodge truck. I cannot believe they are going to chase customers away by this lack of support with this issue

- , Havana, FL, USA

Aug 012012

Ram 1500 5.9L

Dashboard is cracked significantly in three places,despite the truck being in GREAT condition.

- , Barton, MD, USA

Jun 012012

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7lv

I'm not getting on here to rant and carry on. I just want it to be known that I paid a lot of hard earned money for my truck and I love it. I've always taken are of it keeping a sun shade in the front window and keeping some sort of protectant (I usually use Turtle Wax products) applied. I have very low miles and can assure everyone that it has not been abused at all. I wouldn't say anything if it had been. But as I stated before, I paid a lot of hard earned money for my truck and really just want to receive the quality of product that I deserve.

- , Gaffney, SC, USA

Sep 152012

Ram 1500

cracked dashboard., was told that there is already a recall on this issue but not sure

- , tampa, FL, USA

Aug 082012

Ram 1500 5.7L

It started with one crack about 2 months ago, now there are 3. Reading all the others, and seeing the other pics I'm not optimistic it will not get horrifically worse.

- , Haslet, TX, USA

Aug 112007

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

It makes me sick. I have a beautiful truck. And the dash looks like crap. I just want Dodge to replace it. Paid a lot of money for this truck so I expect the dash to last as long as the truck.

- , Marion, NC, USA

Aug 012011

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L V8

For the amount of money we spend on these trucks, we could at LEAST expect the plastic dash covers to last at least 10 years (should last much longer than that). Cheap workmanship Dodge...

- , Clearwater, FL, USA

Sep 082012

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L V8

I see this is a common problem on the 2003 Dodge ram. Has Dodge offered to fix the problem?

- , Slidell, LA, USA

Jan 222004

Ram 1500 Larame 5.7L

I keep Truck out of the sun. This is so bad now that there are pieces falling down onto the Tweeter Speakers ruining the high cost factory Infinity sound system in my Truck.

Who is the materials engineer at Chrysler. Have they ever tested this for UV breakdown?

- , Raleigh, NC, USA

Aug 242012

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

This should never occur, the automaker is fully at fault and should issue a recall with a better quality replacement dash. Because of this incident I will not longer own any dodge vehicle.

- , FT Benning, GA, USA

Jun 122012

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.9L V8

Started out as a crack above right air vent, than down the center of front part of dash, now there is a crack from above the passenger side air bag to the back of the dash. I sent a email to Dodge and got a call Heather, in customer service.

She told me they was aware of the problem, but unfortunately they can't replace it. My question is WHY NOT? If you make a product and you know there is a design, and or manufacturing flaw wouldn't you take care of the problem? Is Dodge going to sit on there a**es and ignore the problem till someone gets hurt, or killed for there mistake? She also told me that they have replaced some of the dashes but my truck didn't qualify. My truck just hit 70k miles. So what are the qualifications? She could not answer that. I think they just put your claim in a hat at HQ and randomly draw names of with ones they will replace.

So in closing all I have to say is Dodge sucks, and Ford or Chevy just got a new customer.

SHAME ON YOU DODGE !!!!!! why don't you try standing behind your products

- , Lewis Center, OH, USA

Aug 232012

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

I heard a loud pop a few weeks ago in my dash, and immediately started looking for what caused it. I then noticed about an 8 to 10 inch crack in the dash above the glove box. I was driving down a smooth road, and it just popped out of nowhere. I was surprised to see this is such a common problem. Dodge really should do something!!

- , Hernando, MS, USA

Jan 022008

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

I'm a chrysler employee and very disappointed in our quality in this part. The truck looks great, all but this. I own 7 dodge cars but hard for me to sell our product if this what we put out there.

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jun 012010

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

Seems to be an inherent problem. Should be a recall and fixed!!!

- , West Palm Beach, FL, US

Aug 272012

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

From the heater not working half the time, changing bulbs all the time.. now my dash is cracking ... I WILL NEVER BUY A DODGE ANYTHING EVER AGAIN.. my wife owns a 1999 nissan & never anything going wrong with that car....

- , Murfreesboro, TN, USA

Aug 012010

Ram 1500 Hemi

I noticed my dash starting to get cracks in it at about 130000 miles. I now have 170000 on the vehicle and it is broken in at least 7 places with more cracks starting. I take very good care of my cars and trucks and people tell me how good my truck looks for being almost 10 years old. That is until they see the dash. It wasn't until I talked with a co-worker about my truck that he told me he had the same problem happen to his truck and dodge refused to fix his either. He told dodge that they lost a customer. This is my 4th dodge truck and I have never had anything happen like this with any of them. If dodge doesn't stand behind their products when it is an obvious defect then they may have lost another customer.

- , Murray, KY, USA

Mar 012012

Ram 1500 SLT Hemi 5.7L

I bought this truck New & take very good care of it. the crack makes the truck look like sh*t.!!!! i think Dodge should fix all the cracked dashes. I always bring my truck to the dealership to have the oil changed..My son owns an Ifinty, is dash bubbled with 4 bubbles on it, they replaced it for free! Used car. Step up Dodge & get it fixed please!!!!!!!!!!

- , Fort Worth, TX, USA

Sep 012007

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L Hemi

Please join this group and keep reminding dodge they owe us a new dash! https://www.facebook.com/groups/349949375097023/

- , Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Aug 072012

Ram 1500 Q

Bought my Dodge Ram Quad Cab new in 2003 and yes it now has ALOT of miles on it, but it still looks brand new on the inside EXCEPT for the DASH! About 6 months ago, I noticed hairline fractures around my heater vents and now the dash has cracks all over it! Not just small cracks either but HUGE ones! I have taken very good care of my truck, and was very pleased until this happened. It looks like a giant spiderweb.. I am so disgusted by the looks of it. I take pride in the care I've taken of it, and up until the dash cracking, anyone who rode with me was surprised that it was an 03 as it still looked new! Now it looks like a piece of crap. Dodge needs to make this right. I could buy a dash cover, but I shouldn't have to. Dodge should handle the repairs as I noticed after mine started that this was a common problem. I love my dodge and when I get ready to buy a new one had planned on getting another dodge, but now I am not so sure that I will want to take the chance of the dash doing this again. Maybe its time to look at Chevy's. Just completely disgusted with Dodge right now!

- , Grannis, AR, USA