7.9

1. enough complaints to dodge will get a recall-1-800-992-1997 (225 reports)
  2. replace dashboard (124 reports)
  4. replace dash (15 reports)
  5. band together class action suit- imply fit/merchantability (13 reports)
  6. call 1-866-726-4636 (Dodge) & 1-888-327-4236 (NHTSA) (13 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 19 of 26)

Sep 072010

Ram 1500 5.7L

u know i just bought this truck and it was great until my dash cracked and then i found this website I cant believe that dodge isnt helping out in this situation

- , Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Jul 012008

Ram 1500 4.7L

Dash cracked in about 3 different places. Truck in great condition, only issue about the truck is the dash

- , Little Rock, AR, USA

Mar 092010

Ram 1500 XLT 4.7L V8

ONE DAY I WAS DRIVING MY TRUCK HIT A BUMP,NOT VERY BIG BUMP. WELL, MY DASH CAVED IN RIGHT IN THE CENTER,BY THE WINDSHIELD. NOW IT'S CRACKING FROM THE ENDS. SO NOW THANKS TO DODGE AND THERE CRAPPY PLASTIC I NEED A NEW DASH. WHICH IS NOT CHEAP.ONCE AGAIN THIS PROBLEM ISN'T ONLY HAPPENING TO ME,BUT OTHER PEOPLE ALL OVER THE COUNTRY. THANKS DODGE FOR THE CRAPPY WORKMENSHIP .

- , San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 272010

Ram 1500 4.7L V8

My truck produced a crack in the dash recently. It is a huge eyesore, and the first thing passengers see when they get in. I take very good care of my truck and detail it often. This crack appeared one day almost instantly. I have seen many reports similar to this on the web. Can anyone say "recall"?

- , Bay City, TX, USA

Jul 222008

Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 V8

click to see larger images

cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard

Dodge Ram 1500 dashboard is defective. Dodge knows it and will not recall the problem. I research the after market dashboard and it comes from Dodge and is also defective and cost about $800.00. I paid more than $30,000 for this truck new and with in a few years it looks like I don't take care of it. This is the 4th dodge I have owned and will not buy another until they fix this problem.

I take great care when I clean the dash board because I'm affraid of cutting myself!

- , Mesa, AZ, USA

May 312010

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L V8

Not much to say that hasn't been said but I will not buy another dodge!!

- , Ball Ground, GA, USA

Sep 012010

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L

every dodge truck i have had since 1994 has had this dash issue. each time i buy a new truck, the lying bastards tell me the problem has been corrected. i have had enough and want a new dash, one that won't crack.

- , Garland, TX, USA

May 032010

Ram 1500

I keep a very neat and clean vehicle, have purchased many Dodges in my life time. I've never had a problem before, they have always beed good reliable vehicles. This has really upset me and I want to know what Dodge is going to do about it. It seems as if it is a material problem involving other people. So Dodge should do something about it.

- , New Iberia, LA, US

Apr 012008

Ram 1500 6 cyl

I love my truck but I will not buy another one if they are not willing to help repair the problem.

- , Jesup, GA, US

May 122006

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

When I first found cracked dash, I called the dealership. I sent pix of problem but never heard back. The original crack was on top of the dash just to the left of the glove box. The crack is easily noticed (a real eyesore). Recently I have found another newer crack in the dash just above the instrument panel. I have never purchased a vehicle brand new and had issues with any of my dashes. I never put Armor ALL or any other oils on my dash.

- , Deatsville, AL, US

Jul 052006

Ram 1500 1500 4DR 5.7hemi

noticed dash cracked about july 2006 ,replaced it order new from dealer I paid 500.00 and 3 years later cracked again ,dealer told me not to be using armoral, i told them i don't even used armorall,they said I must be putting something on it,just don't want to help,they said too much heat exposure, i told them i've seen about a dozen trucks like mine and the dash is cracked on the same spot there has to be a problem with the plastic ,they said they can sell me another one if I want to, so I told them to kiss my ass,i was thinking about to remove it flip it over sand it and put some fiber glass filler on that area and painted,haven't tried it yeah but may be when I get time ,lots of screws to remove

- , Houston, TX, USA

Dec 122008

Ram 1500 SLT

It's been a long time coming. the crack started approx. 2008 and slowly got worse -now the dash is completely broken up with cracks and holes all over. At first thought that it was relative to living in south florida and cracks where minimal - as the cracks got worse I realized that the problem was with the dash itself and many friends where expereincing same with there trucks or friends of friends and then found out about the news story about it being a defect and dodge was repairing it depending on location for free or small cost. Took the truck in and dodge took pics and gave case number - then offered to pay half of the cost to replace- I do not believe this to be sufficients cince this is recognized as a defect and is related to accidents caused by the cracking of the dash resulting in -electrical and lighting problems. I believe the dash should be replaced at no cost to consumer since none of the fault is in natural wear and tear or vehicle maintenance- simply bad product design.

- , Boca Raton, FL, US

Aug 162010

Ram 1500 5.7L

I'm glad I found this web site still pissed off but it gave me some relief knowing that its a Dodge screwup and not me. I too take very good care of my 2003 Dodge 1500 California hemi express. I usually am the only one to drive my truck but on Monday I had my daughter pick up the family at LAX in my truck because of all the baggage. Sitting in the passenger seat I realized that two of the AC louvers were broken which got me pissed off. After about ten minutes I noticed a large and long crack on the top of the dash and missing louvers over the speakers on the passenger side. Went to auto zone the next day to find some thing to fix the problem. I bought some plastic bond (super glue) which did not work. While trying to fix that crack I found another crack on the other dash piece closer to the windshield right in the middle over the speaker. Talking about being pissed off and depressed. I will be filing a complaint with dodge

- , Tujunga, CA, US

May 012010

click to see larger images

I bought this truck in 2003 thinking that I would have a nice truck to last me in the future but as you can see it is costing me more money that I don't have. My husband has a chevy step side and it is in way better shape than my dodge. This truck looks like a piece of sh*t!. The ac/heating has also went out on it and I already had to replace all of the u joints on it also. This problem needs to be resolved.

- , Hardin, TX, USA

Feb 012008

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

I am also a victim of the cracked dash. It is now from one side of the dash to the other. and I now have a 3 inch whole where a peice has fallen through. there a guy that I work with who now has black electric tape going all the way across his dash now so that it will not fall in!!!

- , Jacksonville, FL, US

Oct 082009

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

i want a recall my truck still lokks brand new all but the DASH i take very good care of my truck and just realized you shouldnt put amor all on it cracked in several places and one vent entirely is out

- , Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Jan 232009

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

recall the trucks to spacific repair on the dash interior

- , Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Oct 172009

Ram 1500 SLT 5.4L

Dodge should step up and deal with this issue. There is no doubt this is a defective design or material. I will not buy another Dodge product until they can demonstrate a higher level of quality control on there products. I think we as customers should get a better product seeing how the price of vehicles are going up. If you want to sell us a defective product where is the discount or the accountability once a defect has been discovered.

- , Weatherford, TX, USA

Jul 042010

Ram 1500

Purchased a Ford Expedition for my wife and a Dodge Ram 1500 for myself in 2003. Can't believe my wife has nearly twice as much miles and her dash is just as good as when we first bought it. My dash on the other hand has a least 4 cracks. Very poor quality on Dodge part. Also, I drive a company car during the week and use my truck on weekends only and to have this problem is very upsetting. The truck is in great condition. Hope Dodge steps up and takes care of the problem.

- , Norwalk, CA, USA

Aug 072010

Ram 1500 SLT

I too have become a victim of Dodge's cracking dashboards. The truck was bought new and has been well maintained. As with most of the other complaints posted on this site, my truck looks almost brand new with the exception of the dash. It started off as a small crack on the passenger's side, and now I have several cracks on both sections of my dash. It seems as though everyday I walk out to my truck I notice the cracks getting bigger and more new ones forming. I have called Dodge and they informed me that they are aware of this problem and would forward my complaint to a case manager. I guess we will wait and see what happens, but with all of the other complaints I have found on this and other websites, I'm not expecting too much help from Dodge.

- , Blacksbug, SC, USA