7.9

1. enough complaints to dodge will get a recall-1-800-992-1997 (223 reports)
  2. replace dashboard (119 reports)
  4. replace dash (15 reports)
  5. band together class action suit- imply fit/merchantability (13 reports)
  6. call 1-866-726-4636 (Dodge) & 1-888-327-4236 (NHTSA) (13 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 20 of 25)

Aug 082009

Ram 1500 4.7L V8

EVERY ONE I KNOW THAT HAS A DODGE TRUCK HAS THE SAME PROBLEM, CRACKED DASH BOARD.

- , Houston, TX, USA

Feb 012010

Ram 1500 SLS 4.7L

I wish Dodge would recognize this dashboard cracking as a serious problem and recall them! I hate to think if I were to be in an accident and the pieces that are now my dash rip through my air bags.Even worse if my daughter was driving at the time.

- , Clearwater, FL, USA

Feb 012008

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

Everybody that I know that has a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 has a cracked dashboard, mine is cracked in approx. 6 different places and the cracks run from the windshield all the way to the front of dash towards the radio side. It looks awful and I can't trade it in or sell it with this condition because it depreciates the value to where no one will give you anything for it! You can't place anything on the dash because it makes it worse. I have been told that Dodge will replace the dash, I was told this by a co-worker.

- , Spring, TX, USA

Apr 222009

Ram 1500 SLT V8

Cracked dash began with just a slight crack down the middle section. Slowly expanded to about 15 cracks or more throughout the length and width of the dash. Also imposing on the front portion of the console. Am now expecting for chunks of dash to slowly fall out or through, exposing who knows what underneath the dash. Possibly the airbag?

With the repair costs of said damage at approx. $1000.00 ... am very hopeful that Dodge will issue a recall and pay for the repairs to correct this unsightly and troubling problem. The interior of our 2003 Dodge is almost new for all other practical purposes, except for the unsightly damage to the dash. Please help ...

- , Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Jun 292010

Ram 1500

I have always babied this truck and now for n reason at all the das has cracked!!!!!

- , Darden, TN, USA

Aug 012009

Ram 1500 LX 4.7L V8

my dashboard is crack in three spot if this how america going to keep on making car no wonder all american are buying over seas. my next car am buying over seas.way to go usaaaaaaaaa.

- , Bunker Hill, IL, USA

Dec 012009

Ram 1500 Lariat

It's cracked in 4 places & flops around when I'm driving - I'm worried it'll come off in pieces & cut someone but really can't afford to replace it & don't thing duct tape is an acceptable slution.

- , St Pete, FL, USA

Dec 012009

Ram 1500 Hemi

crack started in 2009 and before i could get use to seeing it another one appeared.my truck is in a carport at home .i cant at work,but i have not put any thing on the dash to dry it out. i have a car sitting in back yard that is not driven. been parked for four years now. no cracks, and it is 13years older about. i just noticed another crack today. it is so ugly. i believed when i purchased this truck it would be the last new one for a long time. i did not it would be my last in all reality, i just cant afford to purchase again. ihave owed three new dodge trucks in the past ten years. but things happen.i really think that dodge should repair this dash problem, as a recall. there are so many.

- , Robertsdale, AL, USA

Jun 152009

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

i pick up a friend of mine and he pointed out to me that i had this big ass crack on the top of my dash. dodge needs to fix it for free seeing how its this big of a problem

- , Charlotte, NC, USA

Aug 122008

Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi

It's too bad Dodge wants to maintain their poor reputation just to save a few pennys.

- , San Antonio, TX, USA

Oct 172006

Ram 1500 SLT 4'4

Just wish I had looked at sites like these before I bought I feel like it is such a mass defect that dodge ought to help out a cut the price down to cost. and pay the dealer mechanic the fee to install.

- , Spring, TX, USA

Nov 022009

Ram 1500 XLE 5.7L V8

Besides the terrible gas mileage, I really love my truck, however, the cracked dash really pisses me off. As minor as it may seem to many, it alone will keep me from ever buying another Chrysler product again. I've had my truck for 7 years, it only has 77,000 miles, I've never put Armor All on the dash, and I take very good care of it. It is cracked in two places, from front to back on both pieces of the dash. It looks terrible, and it is obvious that this is a factory defect. A couple of local trim shops said my only hope is to cover it or replace the dash completely. Replacing is not worth it, especially after he told me just how hard it is to replace. I know Dodge has no interest in helping us. That is the primary reason that they will not survive much longer.

- , Saraland, AL, USA

Nov 012008

Ram 1500 SLT V6

Having a defective dash will definitely have on buying another dodge.

- , Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Apr 012010

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

We need to do something.It's just not right.Let's make them fix there problem.They wanted to save money by taking the lowest bid,Now it will cost them.

- , Dallas, TX, USA

Apr 012010

Ram 1500 SLT 5.8L V8

2003 Dodge Ram in Almost new condition. Just looked at my dash to clean it off and noticed a huge crack above the passenger airbag. This crack completely splits the dash, and I can push down the dash an inch or so above the air bag. Truck has tinted windows all the way around, and I use shade covers. What is dodge using to make these poor quality dashes? I have a 20 year old mustang that doesn't have a single crack!

- , Fairfield, CA, USA

Feb 022010

Ram 1500

Don't think calling Chrysler will get you anywhere with getting a Dashboard replaced. Been back and forth with them for over a month. Basically was told the parts will cost 1100 and then 750 for 7 hours of labor. I was told that I used Armor all on it is the reason it cracked, funny how my 1999 Chevy Camaro and my 2001 Ford escape dashboard has not cracked and yet I have used armor all I am going to guess more then I have on a 2003 Dodge truck. It is about quality of material used, DODGE QUALITY and DODGE CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Suffolk, VA, USA

Sep 012009

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

This truck is in mint condition. Back in September two small cracks were noticed in the dash. A week ago the cracks went vertically across in three places. The whole dash needs to be replaced.

- , Lehigh Acres, FL, USA

Dec 092009

Ram 1500 Sport 5.7L

just got in my truck to go to work and noticed the dash had a large crack down the middle.

- , Smyrna, DE, USA

May 012008

Ram 1500 5.9L

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram and the dashboard started to crack real bad. What really pissed me off is, I applied amorall to the dashboard every two weeks since I bought the truck. I will never buy another Dodge product ever again.

- , Branford, FL, USA

Nov 112009

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

You think Dodge would fix this problem I really liked my truck until this happened now I would not buy another unless the problem is fixed.

- , Smithville, TN, USA