1. enough complaints to dodge will get a recall-1-800-992-1997 (222 reports)
  2. replace dashboard (116 reports)
  4. replace dash (15 reports)
  5. band together class action suit- imply fit/merchantability (13 reports)
  6. call 1-866-726-4636 (Dodge) & 1-888-327-4236 (NHTSA) (13 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 20 of 25)

Jun 152009

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

i pick up a friend of mine and he pointed out to me that i had this big ass crack on the top of my dash. dodge needs to fix it for free seeing how its this big of a problem

- , Charlotte, NC, USA

Aug 122008

Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi

It's too bad Dodge wants to maintain their poor reputation just to save a few pennys.

- , San Antonio, TX, USA

Oct 172006

Ram 1500 SLT 4'4

Just wish I had looked at sites like these before I bought I feel like it is such a mass defect that dodge ought to help out a cut the price down to cost. and pay the dealer mechanic the fee to install.

- , Spring, TX, USA

Nov 022009

Ram 1500 XLE 5.7L V8

Besides the terrible gas mileage, I really love my truck, however, the cracked dash really pisses me off. As minor as it may seem to many, it alone will keep me from ever buying another Chrysler product again. I've had my truck for 7 years, it only has 77,000 miles, I've never put Armor All on the dash, and I take very good care of it. It is cracked in two places, from front to back on both pieces of the dash. It looks terrible, and it is obvious that this is a factory defect. A couple of local trim shops said my only hope is to cover it or replace the dash completely. Replacing is not worth it, especially after he told me just how hard it is to replace. I know Dodge has no interest in helping us. That is the primary reason that they will not survive much longer.

- , Saraland, AL, USA

Nov 012008

Ram 1500 SLT V6

Having a defective dash will definitely have on buying another dodge.

- , Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Apr 012010

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

We need to do something.It's just not right.Let's make them fix there problem.They wanted to save money by taking the lowest bid,Now it will cost them.

- , Dallas, TX, USA

Apr 012010

Ram 1500 SLT 5.8L V8

2003 Dodge Ram in Almost new condition. Just looked at my dash to clean it off and noticed a huge crack above the passenger airbag. This crack completely splits the dash, and I can push down the dash an inch or so above the air bag. Truck has tinted windows all the way around, and I use shade covers. What is dodge using to make these poor quality dashes? I have a 20 year old mustang that doesn't have a single crack!

- , Fairfield, CA, USA

Feb 022010

Ram 1500

Don't think calling Chrysler will get you anywhere with getting a Dashboard replaced. Been back and forth with them for over a month. Basically was told the parts will cost 1100 and then 750 for 7 hours of labor. I was told that I used Armor all on it is the reason it cracked, funny how my 1999 Chevy Camaro and my 2001 Ford escape dashboard has not cracked and yet I have used armor all I am going to guess more then I have on a 2003 Dodge truck. It is about quality of material used, DODGE QUALITY and DODGE CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Suffolk, VA, USA

Sep 012009

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

This truck is in mint condition. Back in September two small cracks were noticed in the dash. A week ago the cracks went vertically across in three places. The whole dash needs to be replaced.

- , Lehigh Acres, FL, USA

Dec 092009

Ram 1500 Sport 5.7L

just got in my truck to go to work and noticed the dash had a large crack down the middle.

- , Smyrna, DE, USA

May 012008

Ram 1500 5.9L

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram and the dashboard started to crack real bad. What really pissed me off is, I applied amorall to the dashboard every two weeks since I bought the truck. I will never buy another Dodge product ever again.

- , Branford, FL, USA

Nov 112009

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

You think Dodge would fix this problem I really liked my truck until this happened now I would not buy another unless the problem is fixed.

- , Smithville, TN, USA

Jul 312014

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

Park in the shade most of the time. Keep my windows cracked open an inch or two when no threat of rain. Just driving to get lunch. A regular day, no potholes hit, smooth ride about 3 miles round trip. When I got back to work and parked I looked over and saw a long crack all the way across the dashboard.

Just started doing a little research on the internet for people having the same issue and the general consensus is that it will cost around $900.00 to purchase a replacement dash from the dealer that will most likely crack again in a few years. This probably cost less than 20 bucks to make!

- , Greenville, SC, USA

Jan 052010

Ram 1500 LXT 4.7L

Dodge is a joke. It sounds like this problem is much bigger then a couple of trucks. I will never buy a Dodge again. Can anyone say Ford Expedition!!!

- , Clarksville, TN, USA

Oct 302009

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

• 87,000 miles I called Dodge to complain about my cracked dash. After registering my complaint the lady asked me just what did I want Dodge to do about it? Naturally I said I want you to replace my dashboard or get me a deal on another one that won't crack. She said ok and thanks for calling!!! So I guess I will now wait on my new dash to appear. I hope my truck lasts that long.

- , Wilmington, NC, USA

Jul 152009

Ram 1500 SLT Sport 5.7L

I am a 23 year, Retired Veteran of the U.S. Navy! I bought my dream truck in 2005, 3 years prior to my retirement date. I am also a 3 time Dodge Ram owner!! I have owned the '97 SLT Sport(single cab) bought in '97, '98 Laramie (Club Cab) bought in 2003 and now a 2003 Hemi Sport (Quad cab) bought in '05. All three trucks were mechanically sound! I had no issues from the '97 or '98 what so ever. My truck still gets great compliments on its exterior! I keep it in pristine condition. The Hemi Sport has been a Terrific truck as well until Summer '09.

My Dashboard started to crack. it started with a single crack on the passenger side and soon after I had 3 more large cracks all across the dash... What gives? I love the handling and performance that the truck gives but I am SOOOO embarassed to drive a relatively new truck with multiple cracks in the Dashboard.

Dodge, cut us true American Truck Owners a deal and discount the replacement cost for an obvious flaw that was unseen by the consumer until the warranty is gone.......

- , Lemon Grove, CA, USA

Dec 152009

Ram 1500 Hemi Express 4.7L Hemi

The plastic that Dodge use for this dash is junk. No way should a truck with 30,000 mile have a dash that is cracked in two places. Doge if you are listening its time to make this right or when its time to purchase you will lose a loyal customer.

Update from Feb 20, 2010: I took my Dodge to the dealer I purchased the truck from at the request of the Chrysler Corporation Customer Service. They inspected the crack in the dash and the crack in the defroster vent panel. After sending pictures along with a report to Chrysler Customer Service I was approved for a complete dash replacement at no cost to me.

I want to thank the Chrysler Corporation and Autowest Dodge of Roseville Ca. for great customer service. I was expecting a battle but was shown great customer service instead.

- , Roseville, CA, USA

Jul 162009

Ram 1500 4.7L V8

It sounds like that quite a few of Dodge Ram owners is experiencing this problem. This should be a recall item in my opinion.

- , Lubbock, TX, USA

May 012009

Ram 1500

Dodge should recall and fix cracked dashboards. I had a 2001 Nissan that never had a problem with cracking.

- , Wesley Chapel, FL, USA

Jul 022007

Ram 1500 \+ 4.7L

I had dash cracks in 2007 and went to dodge and they told me that this is a real money maker for the dealer, what kind of sick a-holes could the people at dodge be. i would love to file a class-act suite and if enough people contact me I would bet that a lawyer would love to make some money. This is a problem to all that own these trucks and that is the only way to make it known that makers need to fix defects, contact me at { }. If I get a lot of names and contacts I will contact a lawyer, let's do something about it.

- , Psl, FL, USA