7.9

1. enough complaints to dodge will get a recall-1-800-992-1997 (223 reports)
  2. replace dashboard (119 reports)
  4. replace dash (15 reports)
  5. band together class action suit- imply fit/merchantability (13 reports)
  6. call 1-866-726-4636 (Dodge) & 1-888-327-4236 (NHTSA) (13 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 23 of 25)

Jul 012009

Ram 1500 XLT V8

Last month I made my last payment on my 2003 dodge ram 1500, This week I noticed a crack thru the entire right dash board from window. I am shocked that I am not alone with this issue. a friend with a 2002 ram 1500 has the same issue. Why has dodge never recalled this and corrected it. We the customers have now BAILED them out, when do we get HELP from big brother?

- , Treasure Island, FL, USA

Jun 012009

Ram 1500 Sport 5.7L

I have a 2003 Ram 1500 4x4 with offroad pk., was a SLT but i have had the sport bumpers put in an the leather from the delar. i have spent more on this truck then the custom cars I HAVE REPLACED THE DASH THE LOWER ONE NEXT TO THE WINDOW, THE UPPER DASH COVER, THE LOWER WAS 360, AN THE TOP WAS 760 AFTER TAX. IM SORRY I DONT THINK I SOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR ANOTHER DODGE HAS A PROBLEM AN NEED TO FIX, OR MAKE THE PARTS MORE F-N CHEEPER pardon my words. DODGE PARTS ARE WAY TWO HIGH I THOUGHT FORD WAS BUT DODGE HAS THEM BEAT, I tought armural did it to my dash know i know its a flaw an dodge needs to do something. know i would rather use the money on a down payment for a new Chevy, Toyota, or ford.

- , Justin, TX, US

Mar 042009

Ram 1500

2003 Dodge Ram ...my dash cracked as well. Made complaint to dot 800#

- , Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Apr 182009

Ram 1500 V8

Add me to the list of cracked dashboards on the 03 Dodge Ram pickup. For a 6 year old truck, I was expecting little things to start taking a hit on my budget. But a cracked dashboard on a truck that has been well cared for was a BIG surprise. I have had relatively good luck with my truck...the things that are popping up due to wear, but several cracks in the dash have appeared within the last couple of months and it's pretty frustrating knowing that there is not much you can do to prevent further deterioration. Add my to the list of unhappy owners with the cracked dash!

- , Montgomery, TX, USA

Nov 232007

Ram 1500 Sport 4.7L

click to see larger images

cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard

This dash is a piece of crap. I use a sun visor & this still happened. Today the driver's side speaker cover just broke into pieces. I'm thinking of trading the truck in & buying a kia. The cracks seem to be getting bigger by the day. I will never recomend anyone to buy a Dodge.

- , Casselberry, FL, USA

Jun 012009

Ram 1500 1500 5.7L

Dash on my 2003 Dodge ram is cracking to pieces. No wonder Dodge is going out of business. Had a number of problems with this truck. Don't know where to turn... r

- , Taylorville, IL, USA

Sep 162008

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L

Don't see why Dodge will not replace this, garage kept, no reason for cracking

Truck has had many issues, all covered under warranty except this. Would think twice about another dodge unless they eventually fix it, might go chevy instead

- , Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Dec 172008

Ram 1500 3.2L V6

My dash is cracking all over the F_______ place to. I would hope that American made vehicles would be made better than this......but i guess that's why Japans cars are kicking our asses......thanks dodge for being so good to your patrons and repairing this issue.....yea hahahaha.....

- , Santee, CA, USA

May 252009

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

If this had happened before i bought the avenger i would have reconsidered

- , Somerville, TN, USA

Jun 012008

Ram 1500 Larimie 5.7L

My 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie dash about a year ago started cracking and now has cracked in 5 areas in half. Hell I don't even know how it's hanging on.Also the speaker grill that are molded in on the dash are very bridle.I have friends with 2002 Rams, no problems. 2004 Rams,no problem. WHAT IS UP? CARPET FITTED DASH OVER LAY ON A $36,000 (THAT WAS IN 2003 ). I DON'T THINK SO.

Update from Aug 25, 2010: Dash now has over 12 cracks. It's completely falling apart.

- , Wylie, TX, USA

Mar 252009

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

I also have a cracked dash and I too take excellent care of my truck. This crack just showed up on the passenger side of my truck. None of my other vehicles have cracked dashes. i even have a 92 ford no damage. This makes for a very ugly eyesore.

- , Tehachapi, CA, US

Apr 082008

Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L

Just another one to add to the complaint list. I too had a crack appear from the airbag back to the dash separator. 1 week after the first crack another one appeared from the top of the stereo back to the dash separator. Two cracks over 12 inches each. Pretty shotty craftsmanship. I should have went with my instincts and bought the Toyota.

- , Oceanside, CA, USA

Jun 172007

Ram 1500 LX 3.2l V6

I NEED TO HAVE MY DASHBOARD REPAIRED. IT HAS BEEN 2 YEARS AND I CAN NOT TAKE IT ANYMORE. ARE THEIR ANY RECALLS ? IT IS RIDICULOUS TO PAY SO MUCH FOR A VEHICLE AND IT DAMAGED SO EASILY.

- , Richmond Hill, GA, USA

May 022009

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

I have taken very good care of my 2003 Dodge Ram 1500. I keep protection on the dash at all times but a 8 inch crack appeared on the passenger side dash board. It obviously looks like I am not the only person with this problem, but now that Chrysler has declared bankruptcy I'm sure nothing will be done to help us out. I can't imagine what it will cost me to replace my dash. This SUCKS!!!!!

- , Washington, NC, USA

Mar 012009

Ram 1500 SLT V8 Hemi

Same problem here as multiple other persons. Have a cracked dash on my Dodge Ram despite the fact that windows are tinted and dash covered when parked in the sun. The cracks run all the way from the window to the edge of the dash on the passenger side.

I emailed Dodge and pointed out this site and the multiple owners experiencing the same problem. The customer service rep sent me a canned response saying that this is not a recall item and they have not plans to add it at this time.

Meanwhile my 10 year old 100,000 Corolla dash looks as good as new.

- , Weatherford, TX, USA

Jun 012008

Ram 1500 V6

I bought my truck brand new in 2003. It's had a visor in the window any time the suns out or if I'm at home it was in the car port. Last year sometime, I noticed a small crack in the dash around the defrost vents. It was all down hill from there. Now I do not have a dash in the front two sections, and there is a giant crack over where the airbag is. This looks horrible. I've invested a lot in my truck for keeping it in good shape and to have this happen is a slap in the face.

I have had to have the instrument cluster replaced by dodge, but it still doesn't work right. I have had to replace a vacuum line when the truck was only a year old. I have had to replace the radiator hose. I have had to replace a crank shaft sensor. I am currently waiting to get my truck back from the shop because the whole COMPUTER has to be replaced.... at 60,000 MILES!!!

What?!

I think Dodge needs to fix this dashboard problem. If not I don't see myself being able to buy another one. Which is a shame because I was considering going and getting a new 4x4.

- , Jax, FL, USA

Mar 012009

Ram 1500 V6

My truck is manufactured poorly. I have 2 huge cracks about 8" long that start from the front and end at the window. The plastic appears to be made cheaply. I feel by summer my dash will be in pieces or just dust particles because it's so fragile.

All of us must demand Dodge to fix this problem. It's just not fair.

- , Hollywood, FL, US

Oct 052007

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

As a Chrysler employee I'm very disappointed in the quality of the dash in my truck. I too have a crack from the windshield through the speaker hole. I know this part is outsourced to a private vendor but that is no excuse for the poor quality of this dash. Keep calling and maybe the recall will come... I will keep trying.

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jan 012007

Ram 1500 V8

I have cracks in the dash in several places. This pickup is garaged and when it is outside it has a visor in the window. American made vehicles are CRAP.... Our others cars are foreign and we have no problems. My Acura has 89,000 miles and it looks brand new inside.

- , San Marcos, CA, USA

Apr 062008

Ram 1500 5.7L

I thought this would be a truck i could pass on to my son but i don't think that's going to happen. i bought the truck new and the dash is cracked in just 5 years. dodge should rectify the problem or i will never buy one again even though i like the new challenger.

- , Lakewood, Ca, USA