7.9

1. enough complaints to dodge will get a recall-1-800-992-1997 (222 reports)
  2. replace dashboard (117 reports)
  4. replace dash (15 reports)
  5. band together class action suit- imply fit/merchantability (13 reports)
  6. call 1-866-726-4636 (Dodge) & 1-888-327-4236 (NHTSA) (13 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 23 of 25)

Dec 172008

Ram 1500 3.2L V6

My dash is cracking all over the F_______ place to. I would hope that American made vehicles would be made better than this......but i guess that's why Japans cars are kicking our asses......thanks dodge for being so good to your patrons and repairing this issue.....yea hahahaha.....

- , Santee, CA, USA

May 252009

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

If this had happened before i bought the avenger i would have reconsidered

- , Somerville, TN, USA

Jun 012008

Ram 1500 Larimie 5.7L

My 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie dash about a year ago started cracking and now has cracked in 5 areas in half. Hell I don't even know how it's hanging on.Also the speaker grill that are molded in on the dash are very bridle.I have friends with 2002 Rams, no problems. 2004 Rams,no problem. WHAT IS UP? CARPET FITTED DASH OVER LAY ON A $36,000 (THAT WAS IN 2003 ). I DON'T THINK SO.

Update from Aug 25, 2010: Dash now has over 12 cracks. It's completely falling apart.

- , Wylie, TX, USA

Mar 252009

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

I also have a cracked dash and I too take excellent care of my truck. This crack just showed up on the passenger side of my truck. None of my other vehicles have cracked dashes. i even have a 92 ford no damage. This makes for a very ugly eyesore.

- , Tehachapi, CA, USA

Apr 082008

Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L

Just another one to add to the complaint list. I too had a crack appear from the airbag back to the dash separator. 1 week after the first crack another one appeared from the top of the stereo back to the dash separator. Two cracks over 12 inches each. Pretty shotty craftsmanship. I should have went with my instincts and bought the Toyota.

- , Oceanside, CA, USA

Jun 172007

Ram 1500 LX 3.2l V6

I NEED TO HAVE MY DASHBOARD REPAIRED. IT HAS BEEN 2 YEARS AND I CAN NOT TAKE IT ANYMORE. ARE THEIR ANY RECALLS ? IT IS RIDICULOUS TO PAY SO MUCH FOR A VEHICLE AND IT DAMAGED SO EASILY.

- , Richmond Hill, GA, USA

May 022009

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

I have taken very good care of my 2003 Dodge Ram 1500. I keep protection on the dash at all times but a 8 inch crack appeared on the passenger side dash board. It obviously looks like I am not the only person with this problem, but now that Chrysler has declared bankruptcy I'm sure nothing will be done to help us out. I can't imagine what it will cost me to replace my dash. This SUCKS!!!!!

- , Washington, NC, USA

Mar 012009

Ram 1500 SLT V8 Hemi

Same problem here as multiple other persons. Have a cracked dash on my Dodge Ram despite the fact that windows are tinted and dash covered when parked in the sun. The cracks run all the way from the window to the edge of the dash on the passenger side.

I emailed Dodge and pointed out this site and the multiple owners experiencing the same problem. The customer service rep sent me a canned response saying that this is not a recall item and they have not plans to add it at this time.

Meanwhile my 10 year old 100,000 Corolla dash looks as good as new.

- , Weatherford, TX, USA

Jun 012008

Ram 1500 V6

I bought my truck brand new in 2003. It's had a visor in the window any time the suns out or if I'm at home it was in the car port. Last year sometime, I noticed a small crack in the dash around the defrost vents. It was all down hill from there. Now I do not have a dash in the front two sections, and there is a giant crack over where the airbag is. This looks horrible. I've invested a lot in my truck for keeping it in good shape and to have this happen is a slap in the face.

I have had to have the instrument cluster replaced by dodge, but it still doesn't work right. I have had to replace a vacuum line when the truck was only a year old. I have had to replace the radiator hose. I have had to replace a crank shaft sensor. I am currently waiting to get my truck back from the shop because the whole COMPUTER has to be replaced.... at 60,000 MILES!!!

What?!

I think Dodge needs to fix this dashboard problem. If not I don't see myself being able to buy another one. Which is a shame because I was considering going and getting a new 4x4.

- , Jax, FL, USA

Mar 012009

Ram 1500 V6

My truck is manufactured poorly. I have 2 huge cracks about 8" long that start from the front and end at the window. The plastic appears to be made cheaply. I feel by summer my dash will be in pieces or just dust particles because it's so fragile.

All of us must demand Dodge to fix this problem. It's just not fair.

- , Miramar, FL, USA

Oct 052007

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

As a Chrysler employee I'm very disappointed in the quality of the dash in my truck. I too have a crack from the windshield through the speaker hole. I know this part is outsourced to a private vendor but that is no excuse for the poor quality of this dash. Keep calling and maybe the recall will come... I will keep trying.

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jan 012007

Ram 1500 V8

I have cracks in the dash in several places. This pickup is garaged and when it is outside it has a visor in the window. American made vehicles are CRAP.... Our others cars are foreign and we have no problems. My Acura has 89,000 miles and it looks brand new inside.

- , San Marcos, CA, USA

Apr 062008

Ram 1500 5.7L

I thought this would be a truck i could pass on to my son but i don't think that's going to happen. i bought the truck new and the dash is cracked in just 5 years. dodge should rectify the problem or i will never buy one again even though i like the new challenger.

- , Lakewood, Ca, USA

Dec 052008

Ram 1500 Hemi 4.7L

1)I WOULD LIKE TO FOR DODGE TO REPLACE, MY CRACKED DASH BOARD THAT IS VERY ANNOYING AND AGITATING.

2)my passenger side window continue to not work and my taillights bulbs are always being replace every week or two I would like to get these bugs taken care of

- , port gibson, ms, USA

Nov 152008

Ram 1500 1500 Quadcab SLT 4.7L

Well as i see i am definitely not the only one with this cracked dash problem. I just got in my truck one day and there's a large crack that goes from the glove box to the vent. Lets just say I was a bit pissed. This is something i haven't seen since the late 70's vehicles. I take very good care of my vehicles. I have tinted windows and "Armor All" the dash etc. on a regular basis. There is no reason for this. I have a 1983 Dodge Ramcharger that's parked right next to the 1500 and there's no crack in that dash. My 2001 ford sits on the other side of my 1500. No crack there either. I don't have a warranty on the truck so I haven't taken it to the dealer and by what I'm reading here it would be pointless.

- , Brooksville, FL, USA

Jan 012008

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

JUST ANOTHER COMPLAINT ABOUT THE DASH BOARD CRACKING. MINE HOWEVER IS NOT HORRIBLE JUST YET BUT I AM SURE IT IS JUST A MATTER OF TIME.

- , Troy, MO, USA

Jun 042007

Ram 1500 SLE 4.7L

Dash Board started off as a little crack. now there is multiple cracks that stat near the windshield and go all the way to the face of it. I have talked to other Dodge owners and they also have had the same problem. There is really no reason for it.

It sucks!!!!

- , Winter Springs, FL, USA

Oct 202008

Ram 1500 SLT 1500 5.7L Hemi V8

I would like too see dodge have a recall on all the cracked dashes. I have always kept my stuff looking nice but the cracked dash makes it look like crap.

- , Ozark, AL, USA

Jan 052007

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

I can't find a good enough reason for the dash to crack. I take care of my truck and take the time to wash and clean it often. Really do feel that Dodge should replace all of those people out there that have the same problem as me.

- , Brunswick, GA, USA

Dec 042004

Ram 1500

It started small, but quickly grew. My dashboard on my Dodge Ram 1500 truck started cracking and splitting. If you were to ask me what part of my truck would fail first, I would have never guessed my dashboard. It is cracking in new places that it should not be cracking when last examined. After buying American cars and trucks all my life, my next vehicle will be foreign. I have gone out of my way to buy American, but sadly no more.

- , Plano, TX, USA