7.9

1. enough complaints to dodge will get a recall-1-800-992-1997 (224 reports)
  2. replace dashboard (121 reports)
  4. replace dash (15 reports)
  5. band together class action suit- imply fit/merchantability (13 reports)
  6. call 1-866-726-4636 (Dodge) & 1-888-327-4236 (NHTSA) (13 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 24 of 26)

Mar 012009

Ram 1500 V6

My truck is manufactured poorly. I have 2 huge cracks about 8" long that start from the front and end at the window. The plastic appears to be made cheaply. I feel by summer my dash will be in pieces or just dust particles because it's so fragile.

All of us must demand Dodge to fix this problem. It's just not fair.

- , Hollywood, FL, US

Oct 052007

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

As a Chrysler employee I'm very disappointed in the quality of the dash in my truck. I too have a crack from the windshield through the speaker hole. I know this part is outsourced to a private vendor but that is no excuse for the poor quality of this dash. Keep calling and maybe the recall will come... I will keep trying.

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jan 012007

Ram 1500 V8

I have cracks in the dash in several places. This pickup is garaged and when it is outside it has a visor in the window. American made vehicles are CRAP.... Our others cars are foreign and we have no problems. My Acura has 89,000 miles and it looks brand new inside.

- , San Marcos, CA, USA

Apr 062008

Ram 1500 5.7L

I thought this would be a truck i could pass on to my son but i don't think that's going to happen. i bought the truck new and the dash is cracked in just 5 years. dodge should rectify the problem or i will never buy one again even though i like the new challenger.

- , Lakewood, Ca, USA

Dec 052008

Ram 1500 Hemi 4.7L

1)I WOULD LIKE TO FOR DODGE TO REPLACE, MY CRACKED DASH BOARD THAT IS VERY ANNOYING AND AGITATING.

2)my passenger side window continue to not work and my taillights bulbs are always being replace every week or two I would like to get these bugs taken care of

- , port gibson, ms, USA

Nov 152008

Ram 1500 1500 Quadcab SLT 4.7L

Well as i see i am definitely not the only one with this cracked dash problem. I just got in my truck one day and there's a large crack that goes from the glove box to the vent. Lets just say I was a bit pissed. This is something i haven't seen since the late 70's vehicles. I take very good care of my vehicles. I have tinted windows and "Armor All" the dash etc. on a regular basis. There is no reason for this. I have a 1983 Dodge Ramcharger that's parked right next to the 1500 and there's no crack in that dash. My 2001 ford sits on the other side of my 1500. No crack there either. I don't have a warranty on the truck so I haven't taken it to the dealer and by what I'm reading here it would be pointless.

- , Brooksville, FL, USA

Jan 012008

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

JUST ANOTHER COMPLAINT ABOUT THE DASH BOARD CRACKING. MINE HOWEVER IS NOT HORRIBLE JUST YET BUT I AM SURE IT IS JUST A MATTER OF TIME.

- , Troy, MO, USA

Jun 042007

Ram 1500 SLE 4.7L

Dash Board started off as a little crack. now there is multiple cracks that stat near the windshield and go all the way to the face of it. I have talked to other Dodge owners and they also have had the same problem. There is really no reason for it.

It sucks!!!!

- , Winter Springs, FL, USA

Oct 202008

Ram 1500 SLT 1500 5.7L Hemi V8

I would like too see dodge have a recall on all the cracked dashes. I have always kept my stuff looking nice but the cracked dash makes it look like crap.

- , Ozark, AL, US

Jan 052007

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

I can't find a good enough reason for the dash to crack. I take care of my truck and take the time to wash and clean it often. Really do feel that Dodge should replace all of those people out there that have the same problem as me.

- , Brunswick, GA, USA

Dec 042004

Ram 1500

It started small, but quickly grew. My dashboard on my Dodge Ram 1500 truck started cracking and splitting. If you were to ask me what part of my truck would fail first, I would have never guessed my dashboard. It is cracking in new places that it should not be cracking when last examined. After buying American cars and trucks all my life, my next vehicle will be foreign. I have gone out of my way to buy American, but sadly no more.

- , Plano, TX, USA

Mar 182008

Ram 1500 4.7L V8

I went to the Dodge dealership to buy the replacement parts and as soon as I mentioned that I needed a new dashboard the receptionist behind the counter said "You must have a Dodge Ram". Then she went on to tell me that it was a common problem.. She quoted me over eight hundred dollars for the two parts....What kind of crap is that........I am going to call Chrysler and if they dont stand behind it, then this will be my last Daimler/Chrysler product..

- , Cusseta, GA, USA

Mar 082007

Ram 1500 1500 Hemi

Right in the middle of the dash has started to crack. Have kept it clean and kept a dash lub on it to protect it. Don't know what else to do to stop it. The should recall it.

- , St. Petersburg, FL, USA

Jul 132007

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L Hemi

DODGE SHOULD GROW A PAIR AND STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT.......

- , Ft Myers, FL, USA

Feb 102008

Ram 1500 4.7L V8

2003 ram 1500 dash board started cracking back in feb. 2008 and is getting worse by the day. dodge needs to do something about this.

- , San Antonio, TX, USA

Sep 222008

Ram 1500 4.7L V8

You know I figured I had enough miles on my truck things were going to start happening, its expected, but to find that this has happend to people everywhere I actually got a little pissed off. If it is this large of a problem Dodge really needs to take a look into this and make it right if they want to keep their customer base.

I noticed one guy also had the same issue with the heat pump dieing and leaking all over the passenger side of the truck, what a pain in the ass that was.

- , Foothill Ranch, CA, USA

Apr 012005

Ram 1500 4.7L V8

click to see larger images

cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard

I totally thought we were alone on this issue.... I ran across these complaints on Google when I was trying to purchase a new dash board for my 2003 Dodge Ram 1500. The issue started happening in April of 05, I could not believe that a few months later it continued to get worst.... I contacted Dodge and of course it was not under guarantee..... Dodge has received many many complaints on the same problem, They need to step up and do something about it. I dont think anyone would purposely cause these embarrassing damages to there trucks on purpose.... My truck looks like crap it not only has this issue but also my paint is fading all on it's own.... What a load of crap..... I will also be filling a BBB complaint, Dodge needs to step up and admit they screwed up and take responsibility. They have not heard the end of me.

- , Houston, TX, USA

Apr 152006

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L V8

I have taken great care of the truck - inside and out. I would wipe the dash down with a damp cloth and then use UV protection products. I do this on all of my vehicles and have since my dad gave me my first vehicle at 16. The dash in my Dodge truck has (8) very noticeable cracks running from front to back and they're almost perfectly straight like they were cut. Each crack happened at different times in about a year�s time. I would never see one happen while in it. I would jump in to go somewhere and notice a new crack. It seems the material the dash is made of does not contract and/or expand with the changing temperature. Most of the time my truck sits in the driveway (under trees 90% of the day) because I use my company truck for work and home; and our SUV because of needed room for my wife and baby. I took it back to the dealer for some questions and they would not tell me anything about my year model and bad dash reports from other customers. Luckily, one salesmen I went to school with all my high school life came over and said several people has had the same problem and Dodge has knew about this for years. I know nine other Dodge truck owners with cracked or completely destroyed dashes - from 1998 to 2003. So far my dash has not had large pieces break and fall down into the AC ducts. I think Dodge should issue a recall for their dash boards and come up with a better design that allows it to move during changing temperatures. The screws should be surrounded by rubber or something of that nature. My dash does not feel brittle and it still looks shiny and smooth so this is why I believe it�s the way it's fastened to the metal framing under it. I guess this is why a Dodge loses their value quick, worst than any other maker. I do not recommend a Dodge of any kind to anyone unless they have a Chevy also. They will need something to pull it home often.

- , Enterprise, AL, USA

Oct 042008

Ram 1500 4.7L

Yesterday I wiped down the interior of my 2003 Dodge Ram 1500. Today I pulled in to fill-up with gas & noticed a 8" crack on the passenger side on the dashboard which just appeared from nowhere. I looked on the internet & noticed this is a rampant problem with Dodge but Dodge refuses to do anything about it. I will have to eith but a replacement or a cover as I cannot stand to have this crack which will surely spread over time.

- , Sumter, SC, USA

Sep 012008

Ram 1500 5.7L V8

Here's another babied 2003 cracked dash just adding to the list hoping something will get done, love my truck, hate the eyesore dash. This truck is like new otherwise!

- , Sunrise, FL, USA