7.8

1. enough complaints to dodge will get a recall-1-800-992-1997 (203 reports)
  2. replace dashboard (98 reports)
  4. call 1-866-726-4636 (Dodge) & 1-888-327-4236 (NHTSA) (13 reports)
  5. band together class action suit- imply fit/merchantability (12 reports)
  6. replace dash (7 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 5 of 22)

Apr 192006

Ram 1500

I purchased my truck Jan 2006 with only 32,000 miles. In around Apr 2006 my dash board started to fall apart. I have been on several different websites looking for anyone else having the same issue, and low and behold there are SEVERAL people out there having the same issues with this make and model. I also checked for any recalls and I was very surprised to see there wasn't even an investigation started. Please help to get our dashboards replaced.

- , Grandfield, OK, USA

Jan 012011

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L

DASH IS CONTINUING TO CRACK AND QUICKLY BREAK PIECE BY PIECE ON EACH VENT. DODGE NEEDS TO RECALL AND REPLACE THIS ONGOING PROBLEM!!!!!

- , Encinitas, CA, USA

Jun 012009

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

Pieces of the vents have fell into the defroster and rattle. It is very unsightly when driving. The rest of the vehicle still looks in great shape except for the cracked and busted dash.

- , Scottsville, KY, USA

May 032012

Ram 1500 LX V6

This is a real problem that Dodge needs to fix. Had I known this I may not have purchased the truck.

- , Tulsa, Okla, USA

Apr 102009

Ram 1500 LX 5.7L

This is really bad, my 2003 gmc park right to my ram and the dash still look like new.

- , Jamestown, NC, USA

Jun 172011

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

Dashboard has become cracked. It is a safety hazard.

- , Honolulu, HI, USA

Jan 022008

Ram 1500

this is a bad and needs to be recalled by dodge. it may determine if i buy another dodge or not.

- , Sullivan, IN, USA

Dec 012012

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L

Seriously Dodge I had my Nissan for 15 year and no cracks in the dash. By sitting on your hands and not addressing the issue you are telling people you have not loyalty to your customers. I guess your customers should have no loyalty to you.

- , Tulare, CA, USA

Oct 112012

Ram 1500 XLT 4.7L

need to make a better truck , i mean damn cheap ass plastic 2!!!!!my daughters barbie doll jeep is better plastic ,maybe yall should try their plastics!!!!!lol

- , Cleburne, TX, USA

Oct 012011

Ram 1500 SLT V8

This is the bottom line I will never buy a Dodge again when I did call they just put me off, ask where I lived I ask why does that matter, they told me that the hot sun we get in Arkansas did it I told them bull----. We pay way to much for these trucks and then what our dash crackes and falls to a million different parts. We need to band together and get something done asap.

- , Conway, AR, USA

Jun 162010

Ram 1500 SRT 4.7L

Last Dodge I'll ever buy! Completely unacceptable and the product needs to be recalled.

- , Bogota, NJ, USA

Nov 152012

Ram 1500 Ram 1500 Hemi 5.7L V8

I think a dashboard should last longer than 9 years on a vehicle. We us sun visors in the Hot Texas summer heat to prevent these type of things from happening. I have a 2002 Jaguar and a 1993 Firebird Formula that has no cracks in the dash. I want Dodge to replace this free of charge as from what I have been reading these dashboards were made from some inferior plastic parts and purchasing anew one form them will result in the same problem in a few years. People are keeling their vehicles longer due to the economy and this truck is in excellent condition and maintained on a regular basis as my husband is a mechanic.

DODGE NEEDS TO DO THE RIGHT THING FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE REASONS!!!

- , Houston, TX, USA

Oct 012012

Ram 1500

My dash on my 2003 Dodge Ram is cracking and falling to pieces. Although this is a known defect to Chrysler, they refuse to discuss with me. They say it is out of warranty. This is a horrible way for them to treat the consumer.

- , Nashville, TN, USA

Nov 052012

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

My 2003 Dodge ram 1500 has a cracked dashboard as result of defective poor quality materials. With so many cases reported you would think they should be a recall on this issue.

- , Weston, FL, USA

Jan 012009

Ram 1500 LX V6

unbelievable the amount of disintigration that continues to increase

- , San Antonio, TX, USA

Jun 012007

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L

The dash window vents started cracking after about 3 1/2 years. Now there are no vents, the covers have cracked all over and the air/heat vents have fallen out. Dodge service told me on several occasions that there was no warranty coverage on the dash. They did offer to sell me a replacement dash for $3800.00 installed, but they only offered a 90 day warranty on it.

I recently tried to trade it for a new Dodge1500, but they offered me $2000 less than the Ford dealer. The salesman said their offer was so low because the dash was in such bad shape and ruined the value of the truck. Needless to say, I'm now a Ford driver and sold the Dodge for a work truck.

- , Bessemer, AL, USA

Nov 112010

Ram 1500

dash cover helped but it's not the same. dodge should fix this. got quote from dodge of $2500 to fix the dash

- , Taylor, TX, USA

Sep 102012

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L V8

My 03 Dodge only has 44,000 miles on it. Truck looks like brand new from the outside, Two months ago I noticed a large crack on my dashboard went from the front windshield all the way back, right above the glove box. Two days ago I was driving down the road and hit a bump and the plastic over the vents on the dashboard caved in WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! My truck is always cared for and love it but I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER DODGE PRODUCT! RAM TOUGH YEAH RIGHT. Change your commercial to RAM CRAP!!!!! Pay 40,000 for our truck and your dash will fall in.

- , Pasadena, MD, USA

Jun 012012

Ram 1500 ES 4.7L V8

Didn't notice the crack in the dash until I saw the vent grill in the middle of the dash was missing some its bars. Then I looked a little harder and notice it was from the top of the dash down to the bottom of the dashboard. I had an 1981 Chevrolet pickup that I traded in that didn't have that problem.

- , Coffeyville, KS, USA

Oct 282012

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

My 2003 RAM 1500 is my baby, that I don't leave outside, its parked under a carport. It gets detailed 2 to 3 times per year. The truck runs like its brand new without any problems. This dashboard problem is only a little surprising since a church member showed me his 2006 about two years ago and his dash was completely caved in. The exterior of his truck is in excellent condition and he was devastated that Dodge was not going to cover the damage. I will take and add pictures soon as possible:(

- , Mobile, AL, USA