7.9

1. enough complaints to dodge will get a recall-1-800-992-1997 (222 reports)
  2. replace dashboard (117 reports)
  4. replace dash (15 reports)
  5. band together class action suit- imply fit/merchantability (13 reports)
  6. call 1-866-726-4636 (Dodge) & 1-888-327-4236 (NHTSA) (13 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 8 of 25)

Mar 012013

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

I just bought myself a 2003 dodge ram 1500 back in february of 2013 .. i didn't have the car for a month when the dash started cracking ... its getting worse and i don't think i should be responsible for fixing it ! If i would've known i was going to have a problem like this with a newer dodge i would've just kept my 96 one that i never had a issue with ..something needs to be done bc every time i turn on my defrost i have pieces of plastic shooting out and it makes my car look like sh*t !

- , murrells inlet, SC, USA

Dec 142012

Ram 1500 4.7L

click to see larger images

cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard cracked dashboard

Just under two years ago a church member whom has a ram 1500 showed me his cracked collapsed dashboard. It was horrible and I was thinking what was he using to make that happen. Then I noticed a small crack near just under the window shield that spread down to the top of the glove compartment. Took the truck to the local dodge dealer (ROUNDTREE) and was told the repair would cost me 1200.00. This is obviously a defect in the material and needs to be recalled ASAP!

Update from Aug 16, 2013: The dash crack has grown longer. Took to dodge and they said 1300. To replace.

- , Mobile, AL, USA

Mar 172013

Ram 1500

Just bought a really nice 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 which looks new inside and out. The only problem is the cracking dash that takes the looks away from the truck. I worked for automotive interior supplier and this would not happen if proper testing was done before installation in trucks. Dodge needs to step up and replace since we stepped up and saved their company.

- , New Bern, NC, USA

Jul 172012

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L Hemi

Should not have to fix something like this so soon. I have seen several newer years doing the same thing. I have had trucks 30 years old without the dash cracking, not a dodge.

- , Zebulon, NC, USA

Apr 192006

Ram 1500

I purchased my truck Jan 2006 with only 32,000 miles. In around Apr 2006 my dash board started to fall apart. I have been on several different websites looking for anyone else having the same issue, and low and behold there are SEVERAL people out there having the same issues with this make and model. I also checked for any recalls and I was very surprised to see there wasn't even an investigation started. Please help to get our dashboards replaced.

- , Grandfield, OK, USA

Jan 012011

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L

DASH IS CONTINUING TO CRACK AND QUICKLY BREAK PIECE BY PIECE ON EACH VENT. DODGE NEEDS TO RECALL AND REPLACE THIS ONGOING PROBLEM!!!!!

- , Encinitas, CA, USA

Jun 012009

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

Pieces of the vents have fell into the defroster and rattle. It is very unsightly when driving. The rest of the vehicle still looks in great shape except for the cracked and busted dash.

- , Scottsville, KY, USA

May 032012

Ram 1500 LX V6

This is a real problem that Dodge needs to fix. Had I known this I may not have purchased the truck.

- , Tulsa, OK, USA

Apr 102009

Ram 1500 LX 5.7L

This is really bad, my 2003 gmc park right to my ram and the dash still look like new.

- , Jamestown, NC, USA

Jun 172011

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

Dashboard has become cracked. It is a safety hazard.

- , Honolulu, HI, USA

Jan 022008

Ram 1500

this is a bad and needs to be recalled by dodge. it may determine if i buy another dodge or not.

- , Sullivan, IN, USA

Dec 012012

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L

Seriously Dodge I had my Nissan for 15 year and no cracks in the dash. By sitting on your hands and not addressing the issue you are telling people you have not loyalty to your customers. I guess your customers should have no loyalty to you.

- , Tulare, CA, USA

Oct 112012

Ram 1500 XLT 4.7L

need to make a better truck , i mean damn cheap ass plastic 2!!!!!my daughters barbie doll jeep is better plastic ,maybe yall should try their plastics!!!!!lol

- , Cleburne, TX, USA

Oct 012011

Ram 1500 SLT V8

This is the bottom line I will never buy a Dodge again when I did call they just put me off, ask where I lived I ask why does that matter, they told me that the hot sun we get in Arkansas did it I told them bull----. We pay way to much for these trucks and then what our dash crackes and falls to a million different parts. We need to band together and get something done asap.

- , Conway, AR, USA

Jun 162010

Ram 1500 SRT 4.7L

Last Dodge I'll ever buy! Completely unacceptable and the product needs to be recalled.

- , Bogota, NJ, USA

Nov 152012

Ram 1500 Ram 1500 Hemi 5.7L V8

I think a dashboard should last longer than 9 years on a vehicle. We us sun visors in the Hot Texas summer heat to prevent these type of things from happening. I have a 2002 Jaguar and a 1993 Firebird Formula that has no cracks in the dash. I want Dodge to replace this free of charge as from what I have been reading these dashboards were made from some inferior plastic parts and purchasing anew one form them will result in the same problem in a few years. People are keeling their vehicles longer due to the economy and this truck is in excellent condition and maintained on a regular basis as my husband is a mechanic.

DODGE NEEDS TO DO THE RIGHT THING FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE REASONS!!!

- , Houston, TX, USA

Oct 012012

Ram 1500

My dash on my 2003 Dodge Ram is cracking and falling to pieces. Although this is a known defect to Chrysler, they refuse to discuss with me. They say it is out of warranty. This is a horrible way for them to treat the consumer.

- , Nashville, TN, USA

Nov 052012

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

My 2003 Dodge ram 1500 has a cracked dashboard as result of defective poor quality materials. With so many cases reported you would think they should be a recall on this issue.

- , Weston, FL, USA

Jan 012009

Ram 1500 LX V6

unbelievable the amount of disintigration that continues to increase

- , San Antonio, TX, USA

Jun 012007

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L

The dash window vents started cracking after about 3 1/2 years. Now there are no vents, the covers have cracked all over and the air/heat vents have fallen out. Dodge service told me on several occasions that there was no warranty coverage on the dash. They did offer to sell me a replacement dash for $3800.00 installed, but they only offered a 90 day warranty on it.

I recently tried to trade it for a new Dodge1500, but they offered me $2000 less than the Ford dealer. The salesman said their offer was so low because the dash was in such bad shape and ruined the value of the truck. Needless to say, I'm now a Ford driver and sold the Dodge for a work truck.

- , Bessemer, AL, USA