2003 Dodge Ram 1500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Aug 012016

Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab 4.7L

hardly driven always under carport. went to garage to fix a brake line and was told that was the least of my problem, frame rusted thru both sides in front of a 4 inch pipe going thru frame 1 inch of frame left told it was toast I am not impressed will never buy dodge again!!

Truck has hardly any mileage never beach driven all easy miles. Truck box body also has rust cancer and and for the year I was told not worth fixing. Interior is excellent condition but cant drive that. Very unhappy soon to be Ford customer.

- , Queen Charlotte, BC, Canada

Apr 012015

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7lV8

I bought a 2003 dodge ram 1500 4x4 quad cab pickup brand new. With in the last few years the bed rusted out around the wheel wells, looks like crap. Then within the last 6 months I found out that the frame was rotted out. Was going to go to dodge about this problem, but was told that the best thing to do is trade it in. I dont want to trade it, I like my truck. Then I heard its an old truck, it may be 13 years old it still runs good and the cab is still in good condition. Like toyota, dodge needs to stand behind this and do the right thing and fix the problem,if not i will never buy another dodge product again.

- , Whiteford, MD, USA

Sep 242015

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L

I bought my 2003 Ram 1500 used 2 1/2 years ago. It looked great and ran fine. i used it to work and home (about 30 miles round trip) and about a year after I bought it I found out that the stock rims were rusting around the valve stems causing flat tires. Ok, not a big deal, I replace the rims with aftermarkets that made the truck look better. Now I went to my local service center for a tune up and inspection and they told me it couldn't be inspected due to a severely rusting frame. i was shown two holes where the frame was rusted through, 1 at the front of the left rear wheel well and another further up on the same side. I was told it can't be fixed. I'd scrap it or part it out but still have payments to make on it. I feel better about it after finding out there are others with the same problem but also feel it is something that Dodge should take care of. Either buy these trucks back or replace the frames.

- , Frackville, PA, USA