9.0

$3,500.00

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Aug 052014

Ram 1500 STL 4.6L

OVERHEATING ESPECIALLY ON HIGHWAY EVEN WITH A/C OFF. OVERHEATS.OVERHEATS........OVERHEATS !!!

- , SPRINGFIELD, NJ, USA

Jul 022011

Ram 1500 LE 5.9L

I have a dodge 1500 with a 5.9. Last Oct (8 months ago) I had an overheating problem that led to cracked heads. I had those changed out and replaced them with brand new heads, water pump, thermostat, rad flushed and tested plus everything else related. I've only put 5000km on the engine since then and went out to my rv storage place to pick up my rv trailer. I pulled the trailer 10 miles down the road and up one hill and my engine overheated again with water just pouring out the exhaust pipe. This was the first time hauling anything since the rebuild and until that point the engine seemed fine. Any idea what's going on? and can my mechanic be responsible for this either through warranty or other means?

- , Cranbrook, British Columbia, Canada