1. replace bolts (1 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Aug 132008

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L V8

I was driving my truck and noticed an exhaust leak one day so I decided to investigate that weekend but I did not make it that long. On the way home the next day I heard what sounded like a bullet hitting the underside of my truck when I got pulled over and looked I found three bolts missing in my manifold and the rest finger loose. I called around but of course like everything but oil with Dodge it is a dealer only part so $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. $100.00 for a set of exhaust gaskets and and 6 bolts. In order to change these you have to remove the wheel wells, the tires, take the exhaust pipe loose from the manifold, and undo the first mounts. All I could get from the dealer was " we charge 50 DOLLARS to diagnose the truck to tell you whats wrong" I told him I know whats wrong but he still had to look at it and charge the $50!! DODGE SUCKS!! Hemi is awesome but DODGE SUCKS.

- , Amarillo, TX, USA