1. replace front main seal (1 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Mar 102010

Ram 1500 ST 4WD 4.7L V8

First of all, let me say that I baby this truck. I drive it fairly easy and have never abused it. I put about 5,000 miles a year on it. I have had the blend door in the HVAC system break 3 times, the water pump fail, and finally the front main seal started leaking oil at 31,000 miles. The dealer replaced the front main seal under the 7 year 70k mile warranty, but I was charged a $100 deductible. I drove a 1975 Ford 3/4 ton for 16 years and never had this many problems with it. I will NEVER buy a Dodge product again.

- , Medford, OR, USA