8.0

$1,200.00

1. replace head gasket (1 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Feb 132009

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

Truck started to use water. Radiator would be empty after only a week of driving. No visible water dripping under truck from radiator, hoses, etc. Mechanic checked the truck out and said it could be a blown head gasket, so I put it in the shop and told him to find the problem. $1,200.00 later he told me it was a blown head gasket and it was repaired. 3 days after I picked up the truck the check engine light came back on and it started to use water again. This happened in March. I took it back to the mechanic and he said it was a problem with the 2003 engine and would keep blowing the head gasket. In order to fix this problem I would need a new engine. Is this my only choice? I suppose after 135,000 miles on this engine it isn't covered under any warranty. Too bad, cause I really love this truck!

- , Cleveland, TX, USA