2.4

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Apr 012016

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

My fuel pump went out and when I went to put the new one in the truck would not start and the guy at the parts store said that the truck might be under recall so I looked it up and the truck is on recall for electrical problems and I had just bought the truck and still per on it and would really like some help getting it fixed or fixing the problem somehow and me myself don't have alot of money so if you could help it would be nice thank you very much.

- Marshall, NC, USA

Jun 142012

Ram 1500 8-cyl

The truck has a issue when starting up. It feels like the truck is not getting fuel, giving a high RPM and a feel like the engine is going to cut off and it does. This also happens when taking off at a stop light, going around a curve, and starting to move the truck. I have been to dealer and like always, can't find wrong in truck. I have replaced crank, map, air, speed, tps and nothing works. I also replaced O2 sensor, plugs, coil packs, battery, air filter, replaced throttle body, and purge. Nothing works. Why doesn't Dodge see there is a issue and find a solution. There are many Dodge Ram with this issue. If Dodge wants people to buy there truck then help fix the issues with the other Dodge Ram's. oh I also called Dodge Corp and of course they haven't heard of any issue. That I can't go by!!!

- Williamsburg, VA, USA