5.0

2. replace window switch (2 reports)
  3. find splice for windows and replace (1 reports)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Jan 092012

Ram 1500 ES 3.7L

My front passanger window began to malfunction about three months ago. Finally, the window no longer works.

- , Laredo, Texas, USA

May 232005

Ram 1500 STL

I think this is a problem with many 1500's on right side.

- , Hammonton, NJ, USA

Feb 102009

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

My power windows can only be controlled by the driver side switches.

- , Hilo, HI, USA

Jul 142010

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L V8

I don't know why, but the window switches started to work occasionally. Then, when I got fed up with it, I hit the master switches, and the other switches started to work again. Then, they stopped working no matter what. All connections secure, but the money for a new master switch (USED) on eBay is in the mid-$80+ range. Now only the driver can open and close the windows, like the window lock is on.

- , Conway, NH, USA

Mar 012010

Ram 1500

I rarely have passengers in the back seat. One day i was driving with a group of friends and they tried to roll down the windows in the back and couldnt and told me i had the child lock on. I pressed the button and still the same thing.. Nothing happened. So the passenger tried their window and it worked so child lock wasnt on. Let it go for about 4 months and decided to get the wiring diagram out and trace the wires. Found the splice where the power goes to all four windows and it was really corroded. Passenger wouldnt have control much longer so i cut and respliced the wires and it has worked ever since.

- , Warren, Michigan, USA

Dec 012010

Ram 1500 Sport 5.7L

THE DRIVER SIDE WINDOW LOCKOUT BUTTON GOES BAD. REPLACE DRIVER SIDE UNIT TO FIX PASSANGER SIDE WINDOW NOT WORKING

- , Chesterfield, Michigan, USA