7.8

$1,000.00

2. replace dashboard (7 reports)
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 1500:

ERROR -- [ CarComplaints.com ]

There's been an error - Database connection not made: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Please click your browser's Back button to try again.

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Aug 222008

Ram 1500 SLT 4.8L

My dashboard starting cracking in 2008. It started out small, so I didn't worry about it. Before I knew it, I had many cracks throughout the dashboard. I became concerned and decided to replace the dashboard in 2012. So far, no cracks. I did not experience this problem with my first vehicle, which was a Ford. My next vehicle will not be a dodge.

- , Lexington Park, MD, USA

Mar 022012

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L V8

The dashboard has continued to crack and fall apart. The plastic is deteriorated and falling away in chunks. I can see the framing underneath the dashboard and it is a matter of time until there is nothing left. I have to replace it before it reaches this stage. This is a defective part that the manufacturer should replace. CHEAP and DEFECTIVE.

- , Chuluota, FL, USA

Oct 012013

Ram 1500

Dodge knows there are numerous complaints about the cracked dashes. It would go a long way with customer loyalty if some type of assistance could be offered.

- , Savannah, GA, USA

Aug 012006

Ram 1500 5.7L

Unbelievable, just falling apart. All vents and speaker grills gone. Cracked everywhere.

- , Ocala, FL, USA

May 152008

Ram 1500 SLT 5.9L

My dash started to crack several years ago and has steadily gotten much worse. I touched the dash the other day and a couple of pieces broke off and fell down in the hole. Fortunately, I was able to fish them back out. They are very hard, thin, brittle, and sharp pieces...almost like glass. I can see this as a real danger now. As you can tell from the low mileage, the truck hardly gets used and is kept clean. I was investigating how difficult it would be to fix it when I came across this site. The 2002 model already has over 350 complaints registered so I figured I better do my part and add my 2004 complaint to the list.

- , Edmond, OK, USA

Sep 012010

Ram 1500

I know so many people with 2002-2004 Dodge Ram trucks that the dash has cracked. Dodge needs to have a recall big time. This problem needs to be fixed by Dodge not the consumer. Man Up Dodge.

- , Canyon Lake, TX, USA

Dec 072011

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

I've already put a transmission in the truck which cost me over $3000 dollars and now the dash is fallen apart and I've noticed other Dodge owners with the same problem. For that reason I think the company should re-place the dash panels.

- , Pleasant Garden, NC, USA

Nov 152011

Ram 1500 ST 4.7L

this dash started with crack,i put my finger on it a big chunk fell inside under dash. I contacted chrysler, after a period of time they called and told me to take to nearest dealer, did so, body shop manager, i think came out, to my info, just told me that i would be notified. about 3 weeks or so they called and told me that was out of warranty, but they would replace it for 300.00 dollars. i told that was a defect, and all the dodge trucks that i have purchased that i have never experience this kind of problem, by the way they told me the 300.00 was a service charge. i have had a dodge van and three dodge pickup.

- , Holiday, FL, USA

Jun 012008

Ram 1500 5.9

I had bought 2 of these trucks....lucky I sold the other one before the dash started to crumple apart.......it is so bad now there are holes where the air vents are...cracks are running up and down the dash......even the door locks plastic is completely cracking apart........it looks like I just came back from Mexico and was involved in a drug cartel shootout inside the truck....holes and cracks everywhere....this is a disgrace to a truck company...that advertises RAM tough.......I thought it was just my truck.......now on this site I find out everybody has this problem...........so where do we do to fix this problem without spending a fortune on new plastic inside the truck......I need to sell this piece of S.......I will never buy another RAM truck........note to Chrysler...my son just bought a Ford 150 truck because he saw my dashboard and told me he wants his first new truck to last a long time.....he's 21 and he will never buy a Dodge Truck..........do the right thing an issue a recall for the huge problem that you have on your hands..............

- , Rowlett, TX, USA

Aug 042008

Ram 1500 hemi

The whole dash board continue to crack. Other than buying a cover to remedy I believe Dodge needs to recall these track to fix the problem with their plastic dash boards.

- , Killeen, TX, USA

Nov 012010

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7

Replaced faulty catalytic converters, faulty ball joints, faulty control arms, and truck continues to have major issues. Fan belt chirp still present after installing new idler pulley and belt, and real end continues to groan in reverse and takeoff. Now, the dash is cracking. This is the worst truck I have ever owned. I will not buy any dodge/chrysler products in the future, and will advise others to not purchase as well.

- , Evansville, IN, USA

Oct 012010

Ram 1500 5.9

Chrysler should pay for the repair (recall) since there are so many issues of the same kind out there. Furthermore they are quick to call you if your late on a payment however not prompt to respond on complaints such as this one.---Last Dodge I WILL EVER GET

- , Houston, TX, USA

Sep 022010

Ram 1500 LX 1500 5.7L

ive all ways liked dodge bought this truck dash cracked went to dealer ship going to cost 750 for dash 750 to have put in crazy ive got a friend that works for dodge he said not to wast the money the new dash would proble do the same thing why dont they have a recall on this ive looked on the net it seems to be a large problem or does dodge just want to keep loosing buyers ive taken care of my truck 4by4 never been on a dirt road not a dent or any thing so they cant say misstreating

- , Carrollton, GA, USA

Aug 172010

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

I noticed one small crack on the dashboard above the passenger air bag. The other day I noticed another one above the gauge cluster. I purchased the full extended warranty for this truck. When I noticed the first crack I took it to the dealer. I was told plastic is not covered under the warranty. What kind of crap is that? Plastic isn't covered!! Isn't most of the vehicle plastic? I will fight this one!! I noticed they beefed up the dash in the 2010. They know it is a poor design!!

- , Belton, TX, USA

May 272010

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L V8

Started as a small crack a few months ago on the part of the dash closest to the windshield. Since then the crack has become larger and two more have appeared on other areas of the dash. The truck is still in like new condition just looks really bad with the dash like that. Dodge needs to fix this..

- , Bristol, VA, USA

Dec 232009

Ram 1500 3.2L V6

I have had my truck for 4 years and have loved it. I have been hearing a popping noise for the past month. The other day I noticed a crack on the passenger side of the dash. Upon further investigation I noticed the dash is very thin.I take care of my truck and keep the interior very clean. I am surprised the dash was made so flimsy.

- , Princeton, LA, USA

Jan 012008

Ram 1500 3.7L

I CALLED CHRYSLER CORP.OFF. AND TALKED TO A WOMEN THERE AND SHE HAD ME ON THE PH. FOR 2 HRS. AND COULD NOT GIVE ME A PART NUM. FOR WHAT THE HAYNE'S MANUAL CALL'S ( INSTRUMENT PANEL TOP COVER) SEC.11-12 ILLUSTRATION 23:18 IT LOOK'S VERY EASY TO TAKE OUT BUT TALKING TO CHRYSLER CORP. IT APPEARS THE PART NO LONGER EXIST.I THINK I'VE SEEN 2 DOZEN TRUCKS IN THE SAME SHAPE IN MY AREA.NOT EVEN GOT STARTED ON THE PAINT JOB'S SO BASICALLY WHAT I'M SAYING IS THIS SHOULD BE A RE-CALL AND WE NEED SOME JUSTICE FOR THIS IDIOTIC PROBLEM.............

- , Holiday, FL, USA

Jul 302007

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L

my 04 ram quad was the first truck i have purchased that i fell in love with immediately. always had ford or Chevy, the dash first cracked while riding down the interstate. went back 2 dodge dealership and was called a liar basically. they said the dash must have been tampered with because no other dash problems had been reported. now truck looks great dash looks like sh*t!!!!!!!!!! the truck now has only 70,000 miles on it but the dash has completely fallen apart. i will never buy another dodge!! but i cant get a decent sell or trade in value because of the dash, guess we have to pay for their screw ups.

- , Charlotte, NC, USA

Sep 212008

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

I take care of all my vehicles, past and present. Timely maintenance on all vehicles that i have ever owned, both interior and exterior.

Recently i noticed a crack in the dash in my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500, that runs from the front to back on the passenger side in an almost perfectly straight line. This began back in 9/2008. My wife uses the truck to go to work, and we use it for light loads when we go to Home Depot or Lowes. I took it to the dealer for some questions and the service person told me that others has had the same problem and Dodge is a aware of this, but was told they offer no assistance to fix it. Recently my local news (www.local6.com) station ran an expose on this matter - Model years from 1998 to 2003. Unlike the trucks in the report, my dash has not gotten to the point where it is breaking and falling into the AC ducts. I have contacted Chrysler on two occasions since 9/2008, only to get a rude Service Provider and the run around.

It is apparent why a American vehicles loses their value so quickly. I would not recommend an American truck or car to my worst enemy, which is very sad to say. If i do not get a resolution from Chrysler regarding my truck soon, i guess the Japanese can look forward to my business and hard earned AMERICAN DOLLARS.

- , Orlando, FL, USA