2004 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 1500:

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Dec 182010

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact was driving approximately 10 mph and attempting a turn when a portion of the cup holder fractured and caused the contact's drink to fall to the floor while the contact was driving. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer to see if the cup holder piece could be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 64,000.

- Helotes, TX, USA

Oct 012009

Ram 1500

The turn signals, wipers, and high beams on my 04 Dodge Ram 1500 have been giving me issues for the last year. This started out as an intermittent problem and has gotten worse over time. At first it was just the turn signals. When I would signal left the right blinker would come on, or visa versa. Then sometimes it would work fine, and other times it would not come on at all. It's gotten worse over time and now I am at the point where only when I signal left will the right signal come on; nothing else works. My hazard switch at one time would work the left signal, and the left clicker would work the right signal but now that does not work either. At this point my hazard switch and left clicker now only work the right blinker and I have no way to work the left. As for the high beams, sometimes I am un-able to disengage them which is very dangerous for on-coming traffic. At this point I do not risk it and just don¿T use them, which can be dangerous to myself at some times. The wipers have a mind of their own. Sometimes when I have them on full speed/fast in heavy rain they will all of a sudden reduce to the lowest or middle setting. Sometimes they will just not turn on at all. I almost got into a major accident because of this and now just avoid driving in the rain if at all possible.

- Leonardtown, MD, USA

Sep 082009

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2004 Dodge Ram. The contact stated that when attempting to enter the vehicle, the assistance bar was fractured, causing her to fall onto the ground and sprain her ankle. The vehicle has not been inspected by the dealer to determine the cause of failure. The current and failure mileages were 40000.

- Avendale, AZ, USA

May 152005

Ram 1500 8-cyl

My 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 w/5.7 hemi has stalled on me twice for no apparent reason. For some reason, I had a hard time getting it to start prior to it stalling on both occassions.

- Rowlett, TX, USA

Dec 312004

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Warped rotors at 9,000 and the front end jumps all over the road making it very dangerous to steer, the dealer resurfaced rotors and then at 13,000 miles it is happening again. We have complain several times about this and got no wear. Now that our warranty is up I guess we get stuck replacing the rotors after paying $35,000 for our Dodge, we are looking for a smaller SUV also and will probably not buy another Dodge, Chrysler, product again. Never had this problem with our Tahoe @ over 60,000 miles.I think this is unfair to consumers! please help investagate this matter. P.S. I seen a adv.for Dodge 2500 and it said largest brakes in class that is a joke!

- Orlando, FL, USA