7.5

$1,150.00

1. dodge should repair (13 reports)
  3. buy a truck that does not rust (2 reports)
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 1500:

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Dec 012011

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

Bought this truck used through a dealer, didn't bother to complain to them. Way past warranty especially for a used vehicle as mine. Love the truck have had no mechanical issues with as yet. Maintain it myself, very disturbing about the rust on the rear fenerwell. I take pride in my vehicle, don't know if getting estimates from a body shop would make sense especiaaly if the price to repair it would be more than the truck would be worth. I have looked at other Dodge trucks in my area and have seen the same problem in the same area of the body. Definitely a quality problem with the Rams.

- , Shawnee, KS, USA

Sep 062010

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L V8

click to see larger images

body rust on rear fender wells body rust on rear fender wells body rust on rear fender wells body rust on rear fender wells

I'm the original owner of my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500. Within the past year I've noticed a major rust problem occurring on the crest of my rear (truck bed) fenders centered right above the tire. This problem exists on both right and left side and started simultaneously. There are several "bubbling" spots of rust that appear to rise from the surface of the metal that grow to the size of about a quarter (25 cent piece). Then they kind of crack and liquid rust protrudes from the center of the crack. I am extremely troubled and angry about this problem. I met a gentleman in the parking lot of the local mall recently who has a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 with the same identical problem. He said he has ran into several other Dodge Ram owners with 2002 to 2004 model trucks that also have rust in the same spot on their trucks. I brought it to the attention of my dealer about 3 months ago who acknowledged it was probably a factory defect but who also was quick to inform me that my warranty has expired. To me a class action type suit is clearly in order. I would definitely welcome any input from anyone on how to fix this problem. I unequivocally believe that Chrysler (Dodge) is fully responsible.

- , Paragould, AR, USA