7.3

1. different rotors/pads (2 reports)
  3. replace caliper, new pads and turn rotors (1 reports)
  4. shaved discs (1 reports)
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 1500:

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Apr 242010

Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 5.7L

If I knew then when I bought the Truck I would have never bought it,

- , Clinton, MA, USA

May 212007

Ram 1500 1500 4.7

I bought my Dodge Ram new. At close to 20K miles the truck began to shimmy when I applied the brakes. I had the rotors shaved at the cost of close to $100.00. This remedied the situation until about 34K miles when it bgan once again. Again I had the rotors shaved for close to $100.00. Now at 43K miles it's doing it again. I don't tow anything, I don't haul anything significant and I don't "ride" the brakes or over use them. Disappointing lack of quality.

- , Peoria, AZ, USA

Sep 072007

Ram 1500 SLT 4.7L

I bought the truck new in 2004. Paid $26,000. Got the 17 inch rims because the ride was so much better. Got the 4.7 V8 because gas mileage was considerably better. Brakes are the major issue. Had to replace pads all the way around at 30K, then 50K and now need them again at 70K. I am not hard on brakes. The mechanic said at the 30K interval that the front drivers caliper (plastic part melts away) caused the rotors to warp and eats the pads down fast ! over $500 dollars to replace the one caliper. Now, at 70K the pads are gone again ! I've known people who have had major issues with brakes on other Dodge models too ! like the Magnum and Caravan ! Just to let everyone know.. that is the only major issue I've had with my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab !

- , Haslet, TX, USA

Jan 222007

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7

I have had my front rotors replaced 4 times now and I currently have 43,000 miles on the truck. The first incidence was with less than 4000 miles and that was covered under warranty since then I have replaced them with several times.

- , Cadillac, MI, USA

Jun 162005

Ram 1500 SLT

BRAKES, STARTED VIBRATION (WARP) AT ABOUT 11,000 MILES. TOOK TO DEALER AND WAS TOLD THEY ARE WITH IN SPECS AND NOT TO DO ANYTHING WITH THEM. IF THEY WERE TO CUT THEM, IT WOULD JUST WASTE GOOD ROTORS LIFE. STILL HAVE TERRIBLE VIBRATION AT ABOUT 40 MPH EVERYTIME I BRAKE, BUT THEY TELL ME NOTHING IS WRONG.

- , Sellersville, PA, USA

Jan 222005

Ram 1500 Laramie

I've had this problem twice. The first time I brought it to the dealer. They turned the rotors, but the problem came back in 6,000 miles. They won't do anything once it is over 12,000 miles.

- , Las Ve, NV, USA