9.0

$1,900.00

1. re-build rear axle (2 reports)
  3. replace rear gear and pinion (1 reports)
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 1500:

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Mar 162012

Ram 1500 SLT Hemi

what a piece of .... my son bought this truck a little over six months ago and has only put around 10.000 miles on it. had to have the tranny rebuilt 3 days before this nut fell off. thought maybe the repair shop was to blame but they tell me that this is common on these 2004 dodge ram 1500's. now he needs a new ring and pinion which is 900.oo and a new yoke and crush sleeve well with labor over 2000.00 . the truck never made a loud rear end noise or any noise and all of a sudden bam the drive shaft falls out going down the road and screwed up this truck

- , Holly, MI, USA

Feb 172010

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L Hemi

I couldn't believe I had to have the rear end re-built a second time. This one not covered by warranty. And only 116K easy highway miles. I have had nothing but expensive problems with this truck. First & Last Dodge I'll every buy.

- , Traverse City, MI, USA

Sep 262005

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L Hemi

I was displeased that I needed to have the rear axle re-built by the dealer on my new truck. It was covered by the warranty. However, I was really pissed off when it had to be rebuilt a second time at 116,702 miles. That one cost me $1,800 w/new front tie-rod ends.

- , Traverse City, MI, USA

Dec 082010

Ram 1500 SLT Hemi

My 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Rear End blew up and leaked fluid all over the car. We bought it used and the dealer said they had it serviced. The dealer who is looking at it now said that it never was, that the orange seal from the maufac is still intact. I am going to see if Chrysler will cover it under the power train warranty. Otherwise we are looking at $$$$$ of dollars in repair...

- , Chicago, IL, USA