8.8

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 1500:

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Mar 032006

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Engine stalls while driving. Dealer installed updated PCM calibration. Stalling continues to occur during the same conditions, especially while turning, but less frequently.

- Holly Springs, NC, USA

Mar 212005

Ram 1500 8-cyl

After random amounts of normal driving speedometer starts bouncing at idle from 0-5 mph then ABS and brake warning lights illuminate after ariving at dealer I was told it was caused by a leaking ABS connector that was "improperly desigened" and all they could do was clean it out and fill it with electromagnetic grease. I was also told (by more than one dealer)that I was not the only one with this problem and daimler Chrysler has been no help other than letting me lodge a complaint and sending me a letter of apology both times happened under 9,000 miles and thankfully have not happend again (I'm at about 15,000 miles)

- Liveoak, FL, USA

Mar 142005

Ram 1500

700 origianl miles - pin connections(1st shop I took it to said it was reading a transmisstion error, but couldn't fix it); 6000 miles-fuel pump and map sensor; 8000 miles-transmission controller. This has left me stranded, and I've had to have it towed twice.

- Rockport, TX, USA