4.0

1. replace power steering pump (2 reports)
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Ram 1500:

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Mar 062015

Ram 1500 5.7L V8

I replaced the power steering pump, and its back at the old problem again. I drove it all last week and on the way to work this morning I could barely pull into my parking space! Do I need to attempt to put in another pump or put on a new pressure hose??!!

- , Lexington, VA, USA

Nov 012012

Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L Hemi

We bought our Dodge Ram 1500 SLT brand new. It was and still is beautiful. We have not had any problems outside of regular wear and tear. Changed the alternator at 70k and the wheel hubs at 110k. The truck has had regular maintenance. Last winter and this winter the steering has been stiff off and on. It is now noisy off and on. We plan on changing the PS pump but am fearful that this will start the ball rolling on more issues with the rack and pinion since I've read other complaints about this. I drive this daily 30+ miles per day. Nothing is leaking. It's not been too bad to drive so far - the faster the truck goes the easier it is to steer! Lol. My husband is my mechanic and we will send an update when we have one.

- , Laporte, IN, USA