2005 Dodge Ram 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Ram 1500:

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Oct 312013

Ram 1500

Truck was rear ended. Driver seat came loose. Airbag did not deploy. Vehicle totalled.

- Sicklerville, NJ, USA

Dec 172009

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Ram. The seat belt does not retract properly, and when it does, it will not secure the occupant. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, and the technician stated the gears in the retractor needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified, but no assistance was provided. The failure mileage was 34,000.

- Union, OH, USA

Jul 022009

Ram 1500

The driver's seat track in my 2005 Dodge Ram failed. This time my truck had just over 30,000 miles on it and the seat track failed again. It previously failed at about 12,000 miles. Since all of the Dodge dealers that were close to me were closed I had to drive my unsafe vehicle a little over an hour away to get it looked at. Once again the seat was lunging forward and back with acceleration and deceleration. The dealer determined that the adjustment screw on the seat track had fatigued, stretched and failed. Though my truck is in immaculate condition, incredibly low miles and the fact that the dealer admitted that the part was faulty I was still informed that the bill would be around $680 to make my truck safe once again. After having the new seat track installed I noticed nearly 1/4" of free-play in the new seat assembly. I notified the dealer and he informed me that I was just being stupid. He told me that all of these seats have a good amount of play and that I should just make sure to bring it in when it fails again. He was sure that it would fail again but was unsympathetic to my desire for safety for me and my family. I contacted Dodge directly about the issue and they basically blew me off. I now have a few thousand more miles on my new seat track and the seat is beginning to really loosen up again. I am very concerned that my seat could be thrown through my windshield with me still seat-belted into it. I have similar seats in other vehicles of other makes and they have never given me any problems in over 200,000 miles. I am very concerned for my families safety and am feeling very impotent. I asked a manager at Dodge if they thought that my being paralyzed was acceptable and I was informed that there has to be some type of injury before they will consider doing anything. I do not think that this is acceptable. I would feel terrible selling the truck to someone else who could be injured in it. I don't know what else to do. Please help me.

- Roy, UT, USA

Oct 182006

Ram 1500

The driver's seat track failed in my 2005 Dodge Ram. My truck had just over 12,000 miles and was still in new condition and has never been abused. The I have the upgraded fully adjustable seat in my new truck. Once the seat track failed the seat had around six inches of free-play forward and back. I would apply the brakes and the seat would lunge forward toward the dash. As I would accelerate the seat would lunge backward. I refused to drive the vehicle until it was repaired as I didn't feel safe driving it. The dealer replaced the seat track for me since it was under warranty. The technicians working on my truck said that they were concerned for my safety with this seat track. They suggested that I would surely break at least my legs in an accident. I would think that this type of thing would void any crash test data. My new seat still had some play but the dealer assured me that it would be fine. I am still worried.

- Roy, UT, USA

Mar 312005

Ram 1500 4WD 8-cyl

2005 Ram 1500 quad cab 4X4 / 5.7L hemi 1) intermittently stalls at low RPM. After multiple times reporting the issue. No intervention has been taken to correct the issue. 2) drivers seat shimmies back and forth when braking or starting out. Also reported multiple times. One time part of the seat frame was replaced but had no effect on correcting the problem. Also reported directly to Chrysler under their case number kmm3191569V95411L0km.

- Hurdle Mills, NC, USA