2005 Dodge Ram 1500 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Ram 1500:

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Oct 042016

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that the upper and lower control arms were completely worn out. The contact did not believe that the failure was due to normal wear and tear. The VIN and failure mileage were unknown.

- Jupiter, FL, USA

Jan 202016

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 55 mph, the rear end of the vehicle began to vibrate and jerk violently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer however, it was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 130,000.

- Brownsville, KY, USA

Mar 072010

Ram 1500

A recall was posted for 2006 and newer Dodge Ram for front wheel bearings. My 2005 had both front wheel bearings fail at less than 90,000 miles. Same manufacture of wheel bearings. Secondly, a recall was also given for a failed electrical switch pertaining to ignition switch and heater blower motor. Mine also failed in a cloud of smoke and smell of burning electrical component. I have both failed components, currently and would like to be included in these recalls.

- Cherry Hill, NJ, USA

Oct 052015

Ram 1500

Takata recall-the contact owns a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V313000 (air bag), 14V796000 (suspension) however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Feb 202015

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V796000 (rear axle pinion nut) and 15V313000 (air bags). The parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Tum Water, WA, USA

Oct 012015

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 45 mph, a loud knocking noise emitted from the rear passenger's side of the vehicle. The failure occurred one week after the vehicle was serviced under NHTSA campaign number: 14V796000 (power train). The vehicle was taken back to the dealer, who informed that the rear axle shaft exhibited 1/8 of an inch grove and declined to perform an additional repair related to the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 150,000.

- Powder Springs, GA, USA

Feb 222016

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500. While driving various speeds, there was a loud noise and the driver side tie rod fractured. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the driver side tie rod needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 145,912. Updated 05/31/2016

- Huntsville, AL, USA

Feb 152016

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that while driving 55 mph, the rear axle fractured causing the vehicle to spin out of control and crash into a tree. In addition, the rear tire became detached from the vehicle. The air bags did not deploy. The contact's passenger sustained minor back injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed and the vehicle was towed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 200,000.

- Noble, LA, USA

Feb 102015

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V796000 (suspension) and 15V313000 (air bags); however, the parts for the repairs were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 04/04/16

- Brighton, CO, USA

Oct 122015

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500. While driving 35 mph, the contact applied the brakes and the vehicle drifted backwards and the rear end locked up. The contact applied the emergency brake. The contact researched a recall related to the rear axle pinion nut. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence and then to the dealer. The vehicle was diagnosed, but not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Stanfield, AZ, USA

Aug 012015

Ram 1500

I have been calling ed voyles Ram in marietta ga for over 5 months regarding 2 recalls (rear axle pinion nut P77 / NHTSA 14V-796 & driver airbag inflator R25 / NHTSA 15V-313) every time I call its always the same response, "no parts", and no idea when parts will arrive. How long should this take?

- Kennesaw, GA, USA

Jan 012014

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Ram 15000. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 14V796000 (power train) exceeded a reasonable time for repair. The contact received the recall notification in 2015. The dealer stated that only one vehicle was repaired per day and the contact was not on the waiting list. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact stated that the rear axle was previously replaced. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Northport, AL, USA

Jun 242015

Ram 1500

The frame on my Dodge Ram has broken welds on both sides of the frame where the lower control arms mount to the frame. They have failed due to manufacturing defects during the welding process. The truck has never been wrecked, driven off road, or done any towing. Dodge refuses any assistance in replacing the frame because it has aged out of their warranty. The truck has 74,138 miles on it and is not drivable without a new frame. I had the truck in twice under warranty service for drivability issues under braking and steering over bumps. Neither time were the cracks in the frame found or addressed. Every time the brakes are applied, the steering wheel shakes uncontrollably and is unsafe to drive. I found the damage while changing the oil and was about to replace the frt hub bearing assembly on the passenger side since the driver's side had already failed and had been replaced earlier. Contacted Chrysler and was told that my truck had aged out of warranty, but that taking it to a dealer they would be able to find a technical service bulletin that may cover it. I googled tsb's and found one on the 2006 Dodge Ram frames for the exact same area affected on my truck, but Dodge still won't address this issue. I've been dealing with this for over six months and want my truck fixed or replaced.

- North Little Rock, AR, USA

Nov 192015

Ram 1500

Blew a rod and rear axle broke

- Suwanee, GA, USA

Jun 012015

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500. While driving approximately 50 mph, all of the warning lights illuminated on the instrument panel and the brake lamps failed. The failure recurred numerous times. The driver stated that there was an abnormal odor of fuel coming from the front of the vehicle and the vehicle began to violently shake. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 60,000.

- Point Pleasent, WV, USA

Mar 142015

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that when the brake pedal was depressed, there was an abnormal noise coming from the rear end of the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V796000 (power train) and 15V313000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 123,563. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Vinemont, AL, USA

Apr 302015

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500. While driving 70 mph, an abnormal sound emitted from the undercarriage of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, who diagnosed that the driveshaft detached. As a result, the axle assembly and pinion nut needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Houston , TX, USA

Jun 012015

Ram 1500 8-cyl

2005 Dodge Ram. Consumer writes in regards to parts not available to complete recall and vehicle tire malfunction while driving. The consumer stated the tire came off the vehicle and the ball joint was on the ground..

- Belen, NM, USA

Mar 012015

Ram 1500

In March 2015 I received a letter stating that my truck had a recall involving the rear axle. As soon as I received this notice, I stopped driving my truck. In addition, while searching my VIN # on your site, I found that my truck had another recall. This recall involves the air bags. My truck is my family's only means of transportation. Since I don't have another vehicle, I have been forced to borrow my parents and siblings vehicles. I even have been forced to take the bus. I feel that these recalls should have been resolved already. Is there anything that can be done to help me with this situation? I do not feel comfortable driving my family or myself around in this vehicle. It is not safe. Thank you.

- Montesano, WA, USA

Mar 012015

Ram 1500

In March 2015 I received a letter stating that my truck had a recall involving the rear axle. As soon as I received this notice, I stopped driving my truck. My truck is my family's only means of transportation. Since I don't have another vehicle, I have been forced to borrow my parents and siblings vehicles. I even have been forced to take the bus. I feel that this recall should have been resolved already. Is there anything that can be done to help me with this situation? I do not feel comfortable driving my family or myself around in this vehicle. Thank you.

- Montesano, WA, USA